fridge door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
I just got my fridge out of storage and I'm starting to work on setting it up as a kegerator and I need to remove the old plastic from the inside of the door and I'm just wondering what everyone else has used to replace this. I'm thinking that lowes will carry some kind of hard plastic sheeting like a shower wall replacement or some thing. does anyone have a link to a kegerator build using an old freezer on top fridge?

Silicone sealed a 14"x14" piece of 1/8" plexy around my 4 shanks and left the rest of the door exposed. Haven't had any issues.

If you haven't thought about it, heard it's a good idea to leave a strip of the original plastic intact under the door's rubber edge seal. Ensures proper suction when closed.

I just cut the shelves off the door, and used a scrap piece of plexiglass to hold it together. I laid the door on a flat surface to make sure it lined up right.

This is a CL junker fridge, but it works fine so far.

I went to my local HVAC supply store and got a piece of galvanized sheet metal. They had a piece of scrap about the size I needed and gave it to me for nothing.

+1 for dry erase board.

Kegerator.jpg

I had some extra 1/4" plywood that I cut to the correct size. I put a couple coats of polyurethane to seal it, and caulked the edges with silicone tub/tile sealant.

DSCF0002-1.JPG

Latest posts

Back