Never Ending Keg Syndrome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
A keg always blows when you want another glass, and a keg that you want empty always seems to have another glass in it. I have some beers ready to keg, but I don't have the space in the kegerator and it's time to just grab the bull by the horns and tackle this problem head on.

My Mission: Finish off my keg of stout tonight

All you here will be my witness and keep me accountable to accomplishing this feat. I will keep regular updates through the night and let you know my progress. I have no idea how much is exactly is in the keg, so this could get interesting, or be pretty lame.

Glass #1 - I am using a 0.5L glass with room for head, and after sucking off some foam, it's been topped off. I'll call it an even 20oz for starters. Wish me luck! :D :drunk:

You just need one of these in your garage. :D

KeezerAlmostFull.jpg

I'm working on it. My 2 car garage has 1 car, 3 fridges, my desk, all of my musical instruments and equipment, and all of the brewing equipment. If one of those showed up right now, my wife would have me living in the garage...

Wait a minute...:D

Brewsmith said:
I'm working on it. My 2 car garage has 1 car, 3 fridges, my desk, all of my musical instruments and equipment, and all of the brewing equipment. If one of those showed up right now, my wife would have me living in the garage...

Wait a minute...:D

The key is to keep it covered with your musical equipment and stuff. :p

Well, this one ended early. I just poured another glass and there she went. I think I got about 12 ounces in the glass for a grand total of only 32 oz. :eek:

Now we could make this interesting since my keg of cider is dangerously low and on my list as well. :D

Pour a glass of cider and tear down that keg. Hope you have something to put in it.

I racked 15 gallons into kegs tonight. Kind of had to, because I have nothing to drink! I don't have a manifold yet so I can only do one keg at a time. The brown ale should be ready for drinking this weeked.

Back