Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea complete overkill with the mega lag bolts but I like the aggressive look! And if I need to build a house I will have some bolts for it

Yea complete overkill with the mega lag bolts but I like the aggressive look! And if I need to build a house I will have some bolts for it

I like them. I used the same large bolts in my own build - the provide nice rustic touch.

"Finished" my keezer last night. A 5 cubic foot freezer. The collar is recycled heart pine mitered and joined using wood glue and dowel. Silicon to seal. Inset maple for the shanks to go through. They aren't that deep. Originally the were used in a tower set up.

Went with hinges attaching the collar to the body so that I would have to lift full kegs that extra 9 or so inches.

The collar is pretty heavy, but the freezer hinges hold it fine.

CO2 tank is a 20 pounder. Got that, the kegs, and a bunch of other home brew hardware/equipment including the taps, from a guy at work who no longer pursues the hobby. I have a big chunk of Rimu (a native NZ wood) to make new taps with.

Hard-wiring the STC-1000 was way easier than building a separate box for it like I have with my fermentation chamber.

Have a pale ale (Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale - for the third time) kegged. Should be ready to drink soon.

More Beer!

Here's my kool keezer, with custom light

JWuWeN.jpg

lf0Cqr.jpg

YMu3VD.jpg

Newb here, so apologies if this has been covered (there's a LOT here to sort through) but I'm working on converting my basement fridge right now and I'm curious who's done side of the fridge taps vs. the standard door. SHMBO, doesn't want the door sacrificed since we used it for my son's extra snacks/bottles etc. so I'm looking to go through the Fridge wall of my early/mid 90's (guess) side by side fridge. I currently have 2 cornys and a 10lb co2 tank inside but its not a good use of space or well organized. I'm planning on bumping up to 4 cornys and to do that i need to move the co2 to the outside and mount the taps on the fridge itself.
File_000_zps5zozvfyb.jpeg

My concern is the possibility of hitting a line/wire and killing the whole fridge, and the cost of the subsequent divorce lawyers. Any advice or direction to other threads about this would be hugely appreciated.

Almost finished rebuilding .I went from 3 taps in front on the collar to building a box for the tower. Everything is stainless. Taps. Tailpiece, shanks, faucets. Waiting for a fan to circulate air through the tower. And some new handles.

Looks good but I'm curious, did you chew those holes into the box? :D Just kidding. I've certainly had to make due when I didn't have the right tool for the job.

I drilled sever smaller hole and then tried to smooth it out. My jig saw didn't cut deep enough and I didn't have a hole saw for 3in. I plan on putting a fan over the hole to.circulate air.

Most full size refrigerators have the condenser coils either in the back, or the bottom of the unit, not in the sides. Look first, but I bet you would be OK.

Thanks for the advice, got the sign off from the wife so i'll be drilling it out this weekend. Going to get it primed and painted w/ chalkboard paint over the next week or 3 and i'll try and post some updates pics.

Still a work in progress but I got my first 2 taps installed this weekend. Drilled the pilot holes for two more taps and coverd them w/ caulk until I get my secondary regulator. Need to drill a hole for my gas-line so I can move my CO2 out of there and to build my magnetic drip tray but it works like charm. Planning on doing the whole fridge in chalk board paint eventually.
IMG_2336_zpswzs1fjok.jpg

IMG_2337_zpsmo2mgazk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Still a work in progress but I got my first 2 taps installed this weekend. Drilled the pilot holes for two more taps and coverd them w/ caulk until I get my secondary regulator. Need to drill a hole for my gas-line so I can move my CO2 out of there and to build my magnetic drip tray but it works like charm. Planning on doing the whole fridge in chalk board paint eventually.
IMG_2336_zpswzs1fjok.jpg

IMG_2337_zpsmo2mgazk.jpg

Put that CO2 bottle on the outside, and you got room for two more. Then convert the freezer side and now you can hold eight.

Put that CO2 bottle on the outside, and you got room for two more. Then convert the freezer side and now you can hold eight.

Yeah, I'm heading down that road slowly. I only started kegging this spring and have only the two kegs right now so its not an issue yet. The plan is definitely to move the CO2 outside and add 2 more kegs but I'm waiting until I get my 4-way secondary regulator and a 3rd keg. I'm actually I bit worried about getting the 4th keg in there, side by side they're going to be a real tight squeeze, tried it quick when I put it it all back together and they acted like they weren't going to fit. I think they will with a bit more force applied but since I don't need them to fit that way yet I held off.

As for the freezer, that holds all the Costco stuff and there's no way SHMBO is letting me take that. Plus its much smaller, probably only room for 2 unless I stacked vertically.

Yeah, I'm heading down that road slowly. I only started kegging this spring and have only the two kegs right now so its not an issue yet. The plan is definitely to move the CO2 outside and add 2 more kegs but I'm waiting until I get my 4-way secondary regulator and a 3rd keg. I'm actually I bit worried about getting the 4th keg in there, side by side they're going to be a real tight squeeze, tried it quick when I put it it all back together and they acted like they weren't going to fit. I think they will with a bit more force applied but since I don't need them to fit that way yet I held off.

As for the freezer, that holds all the Costco stuff and there's no way SHMBO is letting me take that. Plus its much smaller, probably only room for 2 unless I stacked vertically.

It does look a bit tight. With the right sized side by side, eight is a easy. Twelve is not out of the question. Difficult to hook up the lines with twelve.

IMG_7069 (427x640).jpg

Back