Bottling question!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lind13

Reaction score
We are going to bottle our Hefeweizen today after almost 2 week fermentation. We are doing a 5 gallon batch, due to a miss calculation we are probably only going to have around 4.25 gallons of green beer to bottle. Am I able to add water to the bottling bucket to make it 5 gallons?? If not how do I calculate how much priming sugar I need?? Please help!

We are going to bottle our Hefeweizen today after almost 2 week fermentation. We are doing a 5 gallon batch, due to a miss calculation we are probably only going to have around 4.25 gallons of green beer to bottle. Am I able to add water to the bottling bucket to make it 5 gallons?? If not how do I calculate how much priming sugar I need?? Please help!

Dont add water to already fermented beer.

How much sugar were you going to add for 5 gallons?

It's pretty much a basic linear allgebraic relationship. If you are measuring by volume and planned 3/4 cup corn sugar for 5 gallons then:

4.25/5 * .75 cup = .6375 cup.

Since Hefe should be well carbed just add 2/3 cup and RDWHAHB.

Back