Ruined Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
Well it appears that I have my first ruined batch of beer, the one Ive been anticipating drinking since I brewed it. My Pumpkin Ale, at least the 2 that Ive attempted to drink had a "cleaner" like flavor in it. When I was prepping the bottles that I used I had 10 or so bottles that when I was removing the labels I left them in the bleach/baking soda mix I use for label removal for approx. 7 days or so. They were out of sight out of mind. I rinsed and sanitized them with the other bottles I used as usual.

So I guess I'm hoping that its only going to be those few that need to be dumped, but the problem being I haven't a clue which ones there are. I like to give out a few bottles to friends so I'm a bit hesitant to give anyone any in fear that they will think I don't have a clue of what I'm doing.

I guess in the end its going to come down to chance.....I'm bummed to say the least.:(

Back