long crash cool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
I put my 13 gallons of B.M.'s Centennial Blonde in the fridge about a week ago to crash cool and clear. Unfortunately, between work and vacation upcoming, I wont be able to keg and bottle it for at least another week. I plan on force carbing what I keg (look for my upcoming thread entitled "How do I force carb?":D) and bottle the rest. My question is, will 2+ weeks in the fridge drop all the yeast from suspension, or will there still be enough to carb the bottles? Should I just take it out of the fridge now and let it sit at room temp till I can get to it? Should I RDWHAHB?

I put my 13 gallons of B.M.'s Centennial Blonde in the fridge about a week ago to crash cool and clear. Unfortunately, between work and vacation upcoming, I wont be able to keg and bottle it for at least another week. I plan on force carbing what I keg (look for my upcoming thread entitled "How do I force carb?":D) and bottle the rest. My question is, will 2+ weeks in the fridge drop all the yeast from suspension, or will there still be enough to carb the bottles? Should I just take it out of the fridge now and let it sit at room temp till I can get to it? Should I RDWHAHB?

It'll be fine. I've done lagers that sat at 34 degrees for 8 weeks, and still carbed up just fine! Your couple of weeks is nuttin'!

I really don't think you should worry about it. I haven't bottle condidtioned from beer that's been in the fridge that long, but I have made starters from yeast in bottles that were in my fridge for a year+ with no problems whatsoever.

Back