What styles of beer take less time to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally, low OG recipes without alot of complexity. Like, mild for example. Last year, we did a beer swap (called 10der and mild, if you want to look for it) that involved milds. The catch? It had to be sent out 10 days after brewday. And they were all good, although I noticed that mine improved with age.

A hefeweizen would be good young. Also, a simple pale ale without many specialty grains and low IBUs. Most wheat beers would be good young, too.

And they were all good, although I noticed that mine improved with age.

Brewing continues to teach me patience in this respect.

I would echo Yooper's advice, but would also add that perhaps using a clean fermenting yeast with good flocculation characteristics would help shorten the time necessary for the beer to be drinkable.

-Steve

If you go to the following link Muntons | Home Beer Making you will be able to see what is available in New Zealand, so what beers out of that range would be the fastest conditioning time?

ANything with Wizen in the name take almost no conditioning time...

Check out my Dunklewizen, It can be ready to serve on draft in less than 2 weeks, and has an OG of arround 1.060

of the ones you posted, http://www.muntons.com/homebeer/countries/uk/connsr_wbeer.htm is going to probably be the one that would be ready earliest. Their "Simple Instructions" say they are ready to bottle in 4-6 days + 14days to carbonate.

Check out http://www.realbeer.co.nz/homebrewers/shops/
and see if you can find a homebrew shop in your area that sells more than the one can kit.

wheres the graph when you need it!

You mean this one? :D

The Lazyllama exclusive....

chart.jpg

One thing you have to remember, that if you don't keg, you are still trapped by the limits of bottle conditioning, which for most average beers is still AT LEAST 3 weeks when stored at 70 degrees...and longer for higher grav beers....

And even if a beer is fizzy, it may still taste like crap...

I find that there is no substitute for patience....If I don't have a beer quite ready yet...I go buy some....

Back