Anyone have any Greenlee punches to pass along?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case somebody does not know this, the 1/2" conduit punch actually cuts a 7/8" hole. This is perfect for soldering/welding 1/2" couplings using the keg tool, and it is also the correct size for 22mm switches and pilot lights. 7/8" = 22.2mm. It opens up new possibilities for getting a punch that will work for us. I got a 1/2" conduit punch, but I will have lots of uses for it in the foreseeable future.

In case somebody does not know this, the 1/2" conduit punch actually cuts a 7/8" hole. This is perfect for soldering/welding 1/2" couplings using the keg tool, and it is also the correct size for 22mm switches and pilot lights. 7/8" = 22.2mm. It opens up new possibilities for getting a punch that will work for us. I got a 1/2" conduit punch, but I will have lots of uses for it in the foreseeable future.

Interesting timing on this post - I just came to that exact realization no more than 5 minutes ago. :)

Does anyone have a feel for the best method to cut all those 22mm switch and pilot light holes? Punch, hole saw, or step-bit?

Back