Bye Bye Corona!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
SO we are on vacation at the beach.....you have to have a corona with a lime, right?

Despite my outspoken despisement...(is that a word?) of corona without a lime, I feel a need to have some with a lime in tropical climes.

At this great little restaraunt on the beach, we were about to dine hard-core on some fried stuff. Crab claws, shrimp, jalapeno crab poppers, etc.

I thought I would have a red stripe.

They brought it out with a wedge of lime......

I had never seen this. Maybe I am behind the times, but irre gardless...(;)) I knew just a moment after jamming that wedge down into the red stripe (losing a little beer in the process) that I would never have corona (or at least almost never) again.

Yeah!!:mug:

DELICIOUS!

I used to like a Corona with lime when I was at the beach. More and more I have been noticing the skunked taste, even with a lime. When Bud Light Lime came out it fixed all that. Its always served in aluminum bottles at the beach, which makes it never skunked. I love it on a hot day, its like drinking a beer gatorade. It doesn't really taste anything like a real beer, but its very refreshing when its hot.

Hmmmm...I had been avoiding that. I can't imagine that they really capture the same flavor as a fresh lime. I believe you that it is refreshing though.

My point was really just that red stripe is the same price as corona but tastes much better, with or without a lime.

I've got to put in a vote for the Bud light with lime. When it's hot and you just want to suck down beers (I use that term loosely), they really fit the bill. Very light and very drinkable. I''l take them over Corona all day long.

I like Red Stripe on occasion too. I have never had it with a lime, or even heard of it until your post. I'll have to try it the next time I'm drinking in a tropical climate.

And I'm not sure if they really capture the actual taste of a corona w/ lime in the BLL, I've never compared them up close. I think the lack of skunk flavor makes it taste better to me. I wouldn't want one when I want to enjoy a beer, but if I am hot, thirsty, and want a little alcohol; they are a great choice in my opinion.

We've been putting Red Stripe & lime together for about 4 years now. I thought that was fairly common practice.

Red Stripe isn't bad beer, and with a lime it's quite quaff-able.

Plus, their ad campaign rocks.

Hooray beer!

Oh, and I'm not a huge fan of Corona. I'll drink it occasionally, but my dad pointed out that when either of us drink Corona, we smell like nasty, piss-beer for a day or so.

I was hangin out with some friends last time I went on vacation and I found my self not finishing a corona. A free corona! I drank red stripe the rest of the time, or cay brew. We were on little cayman so it was either red stripe cay brew, corona or an $8 guinness. Before homebrew a corona with or without lime would have been delicious and at one point I think I even deemed it my favorite beer. I have to agree with the OP tho, red stripe is a delicious beer. Very smooth highly carbonated lager.

I drink Pacifico when I want to do the lime thing. My dad is from Mazatlan, home of Pacifico, and I lived there as a baby. Kind of a local, nostalgic thing. It kills Corona by a long shot.

Last time I was in Mazatlan, I saw a flat bed delivery truck with cases of Pacifico, and the delivery workers on back. As the truck drove by I noticed the workers siting on cases, heads back, drinking a refreshing treat. They lucked out, out of all the things they could load on and off trucks.

Back