Reuse Twist off cap bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrabb22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have some Killian's and started saving the bottles for reuse but am wondering if the twist off cap type bottles are able to be re-capped successfully?

BTW - I brewed my first batch yesterday. Checked the carboy this morning, looks to be fermenting as I have read about, thick foam on top with a bubble from the blow-off tube every couple of seconds The box kit said OG should be 1.040 but read 1.052 when I measured and adjusted for temperture (77F)
Other than that I am hoping I did proper sanitation of everything. Time will tell.

Most of the time you will break a twist top bottle with a wing capper. The only exception is Bud bottles. They have the neck that your wing capper needs to hole onto.
The good news is once you have done your first 2 cases with a wing capper, you will want a bench capper, and then you can cap twist tops without concern. I have 5 or 6 batches currently in twist tops and NO PROBLEMS.

Back