FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad

Dude

Rudi Johnson
(Cin - RB) Bal FA 7 - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
Brian Westbrook
(Phi - RB) @GB FA 9 - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR) @SF FA 31 - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
Marshawn Lynch
(Buf - RB) Den FA 34 - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00
Jeremy Shockey
(NYG - TE) @Dal FA 74 - - - - - - - - - - - 0.00

So, what's the deal? I vote for having Rod input these five picks only, then autodrafting the rest. Rounds 6-12 will be different, but the core players will be the same. It'll be done quickly, no trying to do a manual draft at 1:00AM, no trying to make pics for people who can't be in chat tonight.

the_bird said:
So, what's the deal? I vote for having Rod input these five picks only, then autodrafting the rest. Rounds 6-12 will be different, but the core players will be the same. It'll be done quickly, no trying to do a manual draft at 1:00AM, no trying to make pics for people who can't be in chat tonight.

For the 3 that weren't there for the draft, yes. We have almost everyone else teams already posted here.

We made the draft, we shouldn't get punished for that.

My only pick that I was (maybe) wrong about was Dallas, perhaps I had Seattle.
It's not worth disputing.
I don't care what defense I have at this point.

I can post a list of every team's players (so far) We have 3 teams with 12 players, 2 with 11, 1 with 10, 1 with 9, 1 with 8, 1 with 6, and finally Boston, Cheese, and Desert Swarm haven't chimed in yet with a list besides what o11111o posted. I tried not to include people who were "pretty sure" about a few so if you include those, half the league is done picking.
I'd say the rest of you can manually draft whoever hasn't been picked. There are good players still out there since no one can sign the FA's so just cross our players off your list and draft.

olllllo said:
My only pick that I was (maybe) wrong about was Dallas, perhaps I had Seattle.
It's not worth disputing.
I don't care what defense I have at this point.

Walker said he had Dallas.

Boston, Desert and the_bird were the Auto Drafters

I don't think that Cheese is being coy. He did do another draft right after.

That'd make it hard to remember.

Here was my team again. I am 100% sure except for the ? .

Rudi Johnson
Bryan Westbrook
Larry Fitzgerald
Jon Kitna
Jeremy Shockey
Marshawn Lynch
LenDale White
Bernard Berrian
Santonio Holmes
Green Bay
Deion Branch?
Jeff Wilkins?

Dude said:

Rudi Johnson
Bryan Westbrook
Larry Fitzgerald
Jon Kitna
Jeremy Shockey
Marshawn Lynch
LenDale White
Bernard Berrian
Santonio Holmes
Green Bay
Deion Branch?
Jeff Wilkins?

You guys helped trigger my memory for the ones I was foggy on, but I'm 100% sure I had Wilkins (K). Here are mine:

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Shaun Alexander
wr: Torry Holt
wr: Reggie Brown
TE: tony Gonzales
DEf: San Diego
RB: Carnell Williams
RB: Julius Jones
TE: Galloway
K: Jeff Wilkins
TE: Anthony Gonzales
Backup qb was Matt Schaub

Dude said:

Rudi Johnson
Bryan Westbrook
Larry Fitzgerald
Jon Kitna
Jeremy Shockey
Marshawn Lynch
LenDale White
Bernard Berrian
Santonio Holmes
Green Bay
Deion Branch?
Jeff Wilkins?

You guys helped trigger my memory for the ones I was foggy on, but I'm 100% sure I had Wilkins (K). Here are mine:

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Shaun Alexander
wr: Torry Holt
wr: Reggie Brown
TE: tony Gonzales
DEf: San Diego
RB: Carnell Williams
RB: Julius Jones
TE: Galloway
K: Jeff Wilkins
TE: Anthony Gonzales
Backup qb was Matt Schaub

Bernie Brewer said:
Doesn't sound like it's gonna happen that way but here goes anyway:

QB-Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlesberger
WR-Reggie Wayne, Javon Walker, Greg Jennings
RB-Travis Henry, Ahman Green, DeShaun Foster
TE-Randy McMicheal
Def-Chicago
K-Jason Hanson

That's eleven that I am pretty positive about. I can't remember #12

Bernie, are you sure about McMicheal? I took a 2nd TE as my last pick and I thought it was him. I just went through Yahoo's list of TEs and he was the only one with a name even remotely like that spelling that was in the top 20 TEs. My other picks I posted earlier I am sure of.

I'm beat and heading off to bed. Whatever happens, happens, I guess. I'd love it if I could keep my team but let me know in the morning, ok?

got most of the first 5 rounds figured out - any help I can get in chat is much appreciated

Dude said:
I'm at work and can't access chat. I hope you guys can figure it out okay.

Thanks for doing this.

There isn't much chatting going on. I checked in and olllllo was there, but that was it. He said rdwj pops in every now and then.

-walker

Next year, I'm writing down EVERYTHING.

Ok, here is what I did. I went through all the posts and tried to put together the draft as best as I could. Then, I gave the remaining teams the best available option regardless of what it was. I couldn't really see all the set ups so sorry if you don't have a "complete" team.

I removed all the waivers and trade restrictions.

I think it's only fair to give those that got screwed by the draft the first shot at free agents, so ONLY THOSE that got screwed are allowed to get new players before Friday.

That means ONLY...

Syphilitic Whores
Grogan's Heroes
Bukkakesaurus Rex

Everyone else if free to trade and fix any mistakes I may have made

rdwj said:
Ok, here is what I did. I went through all the posts and tried to put together the draft as best as I could. Then, I gave the remaining teams the best available option regardless of what it was. I couldn't really see all the set ups so sorry if you don't have a "complete" team.

I removed all the waivers and trade restrictions.

I think it's only fair to give those that got screwed by the draft the first shot at free agents, so ONLY THOSE that got screwed are allowed to get new players before Friday.

That means ONLY...

Syphilitic Whores
Grogan's Heroes
Bukkakesaurus Rex

Everyone else if free to trade and fix any mistakes I may have made

Thanks for doing that.

Only 1 problem. First NFL game is Thursday (today). Some of us don't have complete teams (I don't have a kicker).

This isn't a huge deal but I think it will be okay if we give those teams a few hours before the game tonight to fix up what they want, But I'd really like to secure a kicker before the game.

Thanks again Rod. Best commish ever. ;)

Now let's have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod that was not what you signed up for now was it :eek:. Win lose or draw I'll toss you out a bottle. Wait, let me go see what I got for a team 1st :D. As long as I got my fair amount of felons and bench players I'll be happy.

Work just finished up for today. Drinking a NB Trippel and a 1554 is cocked and ready :mug:

Rod, think we've got a small issue. I just tried to pick up a kicker and a defense, and both are "pending waivers" until September 8th - so it doesn't look like I'm actually getting these players until after this week starts. Any way around that?

the_bird said:
Rod, think we've got a small issue. I just tried to pick up a kicker and a defense, and both are "pending waivers" until September 8th - so it doesn't look like I'm actually getting these players until after this week starts. Any way around that?

Yes, he can change the settings to make all unpicked players free agents and no waiver period.

For this week, I think it should be that way...after the week's games are over we should have at least a 1 day waiver period.

Thanks rod! great job!

In order to show our apreciation for his efforts, I suggest we all send him an extra brew at the end of the year no matter what his placement in the standings. what say everyone?

2nd St Brewery said:
Bernie, are you sure about McMicheal? I took a 2nd TE as my last pick and I thought it was him. I just went through Yahoo's list of TEs and he was the only one with a name even remotely like that spelling that was in the top 20 TEs. My other picks I posted earlier I am sure of.

I was prolly 90% sure about it, but that was the only one I wasn't completely 100% about. I'll be happy to try and work someting out, but it'll prolly have to wait until week 2. I'm going to work now and won't be back till almost game time tonight.

Thanks again Rod!

Wow- you put alot of time and effort in this, Rod, just because Yahoo screwed us. Thanks so much. I'll feel real bad about kicking your butt in the FFB now!

I see a few beers in your future. Thanks again.

the_bird said:

I'm in the same boat as Bird. I need a Free Agent DEF & K. I've got a waiver pending on a DEF
JR

Dude said:
Yes, he can change the settings to make all unpicked players free agents and no waiver period.

For this week, I think it should be that way...after the week's games are over we should have at least a 1 day waiver period.

I have it set to no waiver / no protest - not sure what else to do.

Bird / Boston, tell me what you want to add and delete and I think I can do it for you.

Dude, if you're short a kicker, I don't think it's a problem if you pick one up. If you can't, just let me know

rdwj said:
I have it set to no waiver / no protest - not sure what else to do.

Bird / Boston, tell me what you want to add and delete and I think I can do it for you.

Dude, if you're short a kicker, I don't think it's a problem if you pick one up. If you can't, just let me know

Yeah, I don't know why Yahoo isn't making all available players free agents with no waiver waiting period.

I just tried to pick up a kicker (Mason Crosby) and it says pending until Sep 8th.

I think if we are all going to have this problem, we should set a rule for no one to be able to play a K (possibly a D too) for week 1 until Yahoo gets this BS unfukked.

rdwj said:

Even when I re-did them, it's still showing as "pending until Sept 8th".

I'm trying to drop Joe Horn and Ronald Curry, and pick up Pittsburg's D and Adam Vinatteri. If you think it's more fair to give me Shayne Graham, since that was my kicker in the original draft, I won't protest - but I'd rather have Adam!

I think I can add them to your teams. Please list who you want and I'll make the changes.

the_bird said:

I'm trying to drop Joe Horn and Ronald Curry, and pick up Pittsburg's D and Adam Vinatteri. If you think it's more fair to give me Shayne Graham, since that was my kicker in the original draft, I won't protest - but I'd rather have Adam!

Changes made

the_bird said:

How the F were Pitts D and Vinatteri out there? I would have thought someone had both of them?

Bernie, Don't worry about McMichael. He was my last pick and I just wanted to get to bed the other night. Not a biggy.

They were both listed this morning as being "available". They were probably players that were autodrafted by someone. Again, I know I had Graham - if the consensus is that it would be more fair for me to have him as my kicker than Adam, I'm OK with that (he's supposed to be back for week 1, anyway).

I'm not trying to be a dink by claiming those guys, but I'm also not going to intentionally *not* claim the best available players to fill the roster spots that I have empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back