Need to delay cleanup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyabob

Reaction score
I am leaving for a weekend trip, and I realized that I will have enough time to keg my beer, but I am guessing that I won't be able to clean out the carboy as thoroughly as I want, same goes for my air lock etc.

Would be be possible to just fill the carboy back up with water, and maybe a scoop of oxiclean before I leave, and just clean it when I come back on Monday? Same for the airlock?

Absolutely. Rinse it out first to get most of the yeast and sediment and then let it soak until you get back.

If you do that, all you'll have to do is rinse and dry or sanitize them when you get back. I rinse out the yeast, fill with hot water, add oxy, wait overnight and empty/rinse - that is my total cleaning regimen for carboys.

BSD

You don't get in there with a brush? How many scoops of oxy will you do?

I hardly use my carboy brush for anything. I use about half a blue rectangular scoop. I often wait up to a week to empty and rinse it out but it is just as clean the next day.

BSD

Back