Snowed in on the east coast..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me, I, snowblew enough to get out of my yard (I finally got to use my new toy, no more shovellin' for this gal!!), and now I'm at the office, so I'm just drinking water. I'll get the hard stuff when I get home.

The storm actually made me postpone brew night (normally monday) until Wednesday, so I can finish clean up tonight.

Coffee for me as well. Shoveled a path in the yard for the dog to get out. Dreading going back out there, but the winds seem to have slowed a bit, so I should head out.

Someone stop me!!

I finished up cleaning up some snow around the garage and I'm going to brew here shortly.. So I will be cracking open some bottles of homebrew :tank:

Not drinking anything other than a can of Mello Yello. Working as a software architect unfortunately means that I don't have to go to the office. While I am sitting on the couch with the laptop (and obviously on here, too), it is still business as usual.

Haven't touched the snow yet, apart from shoveling out a plot for the dogs to do their business on. I have a friendly neighbor with a Bobcat and a plow attachment, so before I can get out there, I am sure that the driveway will be mostly done.

Need to find out if he likes homebrew... :)

Unfortunitly, I do not. Im stranded here with nothing to brew. Just some beer and a ton of books to read until I brew. Planning on an IIPA next. What are you brewing today?

We got buried last night. I'm guessing about 2 feet total, but the drifts are upwards of 5 feet. I've been shoveling for almost 4 hours and have only cleared the kitchen roof, sidewalk, a path to the garage (100 feet behind the house) and 1/4 of the driveway. My arms are aching and my toes are frozen yet everything else is sweaty...

I really need to find the money to buy a gas powered blower. I've got way too much driveway to do it by hand another year...

We got hammered here in Danbury Ct. I used a hand-me-down snow blower from my father (thank you dad). We got between 18-24" but drifts of up to 3-4'. Will probable crack open a Brooklyn Local 2 by Brooklyn Brewery. I had a mimosa with breakfast before doing the heavy lifting so I am ready to move to some tastier stuff.

I drove 35 miles to work only for my phone to ring as I pulled into an empty parking lot. It was my boss telling me to stay home. Now I was only 15 minutes late to work so where did he think I was? Still home waiting for him to call me?

I rarely drink during the day anyway, if I do I am ready for bed by 8pm which is too early for me.

Got about 18" here in Revere MA. Just got in from 3.5 hrs of snowblowing! My wife had a cocoa with a shot of espresso & baileys in it waiting for me. Now she has a homemade pepperoni pizza in the oven. Got a homebrewed Sam Adams clone & a homebrewed IPA on tap plus a 12 pk of Harpoon IPA, 6 pks of Sam Adams, 21st Century Brew Free or Die IPA & Sierra Nevada Porter. 22oz bottles of Stone Double Bastard, Stone Ruination IPA & a Belgian Christmas Ale in the fridge. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Shoveled out some snow and brewed up an American Brown Ale outside... my kind of snow day! I wish I still had one of those plastic "igloo-block makers" from when I was a kid, it would have helped when I was building my wind-screen out of snow. Good times

Well we only got about 12-15 inches a little north of Boston, so it's hardly snowed in.

Either way, coffee and some Baileys is what is doing the trick for me!

you guys have it easy!, we got none from that storm (maybe and inch), but this December here has been the snowiest December in recorded history this year. Stupid lake effect snow belt (Syracuse). i kinda wish i had all that snow - add to our already 70+ inches so far, it would really be an excuse to do nothing...

They were calling for 5-10" here. I wake up to 1/2". Only job I know where you can make mistakes daily and not get in trouble for it...

Just got done. About a foot of snow, but about 20 degrees and high winds. Sipping on a Winter Ale I brewed in Oct. Never tasted better.

NJ brewer. We got hammered. Probably the biggest snowstorm in 15-20 years. After heavy shoveling without a snowblower, I heated up some cider and threw in a cinnamon stick and some cloves. Delicious and warming. One good thing is the snow is an excellent wort chiller.

Today = 10" well drifted snow.
400 foot driveway w/ 2 car turnaround.
Ariens 1336. ~30 minutes.

Tonight, working left to right on the Keezer.
Alaskan Amber clone from AHS
Oktoberfest from AHS
Samuel Smiths Oatmeat Stout clone from AHS
Otter Creek Stove Pipe Porter clone from AHS

Well I went to survey the roads and got stuck behind 3 different people who's cars were stuck. I pulled one guy out twice (I drive a Jeep)!

Tomorrow going to work is going to be fun...

No snow here, but it doesn't mean I'm not drinking delicious (commercial) beer. Saving the homebrew for New Year's Eve.

We got about 2ft of fluffy white shhhht. Opted not to drink much today and only managed to get down my last bomber of a lousy recipe. it never improved.

i was hoping to have picked up my chest freezer today. that ain't gonna happen.

we got like 15ish inches here, shoveled everything, got the cars moved around, then had a couple irish coffees to take the chill off.

had a founders breakfast stout with lunch, and then cracked open my bottle of DFH Bitches Brew during a movie.

yea, i like being snowed in, lol

Back