What is the best homebrew recipe of all time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFallopian

Reaction score
This is a bit of a wide-ranging question, but what does everyone think is the best homebrew recipe of all time?!

I'm guessing EdWort's Haus Pale may show up here...

This depends on personal preference.
IPA- skezerplezzers zombie dust clone.

I expect there will be a lot of replies that say "mine". :p
Though for me, that's certainly not the case. I've only just tried the first bottle from my second respectable all grain batch last night.

I've made about 80 batches, most of them different, and the only one I keep repeating is a rye IPA based closely on Denny's Wry Smile.

The Bell's 2-Hearted clone on this site is very, very good too when I have Centennial (which I never seem to have).

I've made about 80 batches, most of them different, and the only one I keep repeating is a rye IPA based closely on Denny's Wry Smile.

The Bell's 2-Hearted clone on this site is very, very good too when I have Centennial (which I never seem to have).

Me too! I LOVE Denny's Wry Smile IPA (a wonderful rye IPA) and I make it fairly often.

I like the Bell's clone as well.

Best is highly subjective and ambiguous.

I suggest looking at a few different homebrew competition results for an actual, quantifiable answer.

I gotta think a simple 50/50 hefe is close to the top. Especially this time of year. Can't beat a fresh hefe, definitely a leg up for homebrew (vs commercial).

My favorite recipe is the one that has been brewed and tweaked several times and finally gets to be exactly what you want it to be.

Back