Help with my bier de chute!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beernewb

Reaction score
the batch was smaller than expected so i added a bit much in priming sugar...i've monitored closely knowing what i was up against...it was decently carbed at 4 days and now i feel its fully carbd at 7....can i just drop the temps to 60? 55? 50? to continue the bottle conditioning, and slow the carbonation with out completely stopping the conditioning?

the batch was smaller than expected so i added a bit much in priming sugar...i've monitored closely knowing what i was up against...it was decently carbed at 4 days and now i feel its fully carbd at 7....can i just drop the temps to 60? 55? 50? to continue the bottle conditioning, and slow the carbonation with out completely stopping the conditioning?

Temperature is a factor in conditioning but yeast will continue their cold slow march to finish the sugars. Even at refrigerator temps I've had beer slowly carbonate some forgotten brews.

Most likely you will be ok if you drop the temp to as near to freezing (refrigerator) as you can get.

Back