Moving to Flagstaff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon3

Reaction score
Hey all-
I'm heading off to Flagstaff and just realized that LHBS closed a couple years ago! Where to Flag brewers get their supplies? I have a mill, so bulk isn't a problem. Any brewing clubs? I saw one of Facebook, but it looks like its been since 2010 since it was active. Any info is appreciated.

I just moved to town a few days ago, and will be facing the same problem as you. When I was here for my interview trip, I was told by someone at Mother Road Brewing that they host a homebrew club meeting, and i witnessed them help a home brewer with caps... Not much info, but I hope to learn more over the next few weeks. I've never had to rely on mail order supplies, but that may be what we're facing. Best of luck, and perhaps we'll cross paths soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Good luck! I lived in town when homebrewers outpost was in business. That was a messy ordeal.

Talk to the local brewers and see what you can do about adding onto their grain order.

And WTF! Aka welcome to flagstaff!

Last summer, my family was in Flagstaff, and every corner store has between 300 and 1000 different beers. And there are lots of sales too; $2.99 six packs, $0.99 bombers too. I realize this is a thread about home brew supplies, but in a pinch you can get some good craft beer cheap when needed.

Thanks for the info all. I just picked up two sacks of bulk from my current store and bought a grain mill so I'm getting ready. Good to hear there's a lively brew scene in town- I'd love to get together with any and all of you and have a beer. I should be in town next week- still trying to get the movers scheduled...

Anybody here into skiing, biking, or climbing? Looking for somebody to show me the ropes or tell me about local groups for bike rides, BC skiing and the like.

Hit Mother Road tonight. Great place, I love the atmosphere. Beaver st has a fun happy hour but the Lumberyard beer leaves something to be desired. Flagstaff brewing was ok, a fun place to hang out on the patio but no beers to write home about. I'm still looking for a place to live, so no brewing right now. Unfortunately I started work the same week NAU started class, so the damn college kids took all the rentals.

If you haven't tried it yet head over to wanderlust and historic. Wanderlust is by far my favorite in town. Tell Nathan, the owner, that Nate the home brewer says hi!

Where do people fill CO2? Phoenix Welding in Flag wants over $20 for a 5lb bottle- i was paying $9 at my old place.

Thanks I've bought a lot of beer there. I didn't know the did co2

Last summer, my family was in Flagstaff, and every corner store has between 300 and 1000 different beers. And there are lots of sales too; $2.99 six packs, $0.99 bombers too. I realize this is a thread about home brew supplies, but in a pinch you can get some good craft beer cheap when needed.

Majestic Mobile has about 1600 brews. It really is heaven.

Bulk grain can usually be had at mother road and wanderlust, just get to talking with them and you'll be fine, yeast too but you're SOL on hops and have to order/grow. CO2 bottles just go to airgas on Butler they exchange cheaper than welding supply and they have fixtures for keg etc too in a small homebrewing section. Closest store for anything homebrewing is in Prescott and they have odd hours.

Kinda miss Flag now...

Back