Great Brew Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko73

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great advice in this forum. Yesterday, I brewed my first batch of American Cream Ale and everything went perfect.

All I can say to new brewers out there is preparation, preparation, preparation. I was rally nervous and probably overdid it, but it made everything go great. Everyhting was very clean and sanitized. . .I had great hotbreak and boil, the water bath worked great, and now my fermenter is bubbling away!!

Thanks again! I will let you all know how it turns out when I bottle and condition!

BTW.. this is way too addictive. I am already thinking of my next batch. . .:drunk:

Mark

Congrats on the brew day and yes it is addicting.

I had one of my worst brew days yesterday. Thought I had enough propane to make it through the first of two I planned on making but ran out but not before a boil over. Ran got propane came back get it going, thought all was well turned my back boil over (yes 2) but wait yes I went to get something else a little later and POW 3rd boil over. Even with all that its still better then work. I had my pot to full to start so I think that played a big part in my troubles.

The second brew I made yesterday went without a problem. The first batch was probably a "brew god" smack down for not brewing since July.

I couldn't agree more Gary. . a bad day of brewing is better than the best day at work.

Good luck on yoru batches!

Back