Orlando: Eastern Regional Water -- help me out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerfectD3

Reaction score
Alright, so I emailed Orange County, Florida water quality about the Eastern Regional water supply and this is the response...

Calcium (Ca) -- 38
Magnesium(Mg) -- 8.1
Sodium(Na) -- 20.0
Potassium(K) -- --.- (will update when she replies back)
Iron(Fe) -- 0.2
BiCarbonate(HCO3) -- 165.0
Carbonate(CO3) -- --.- (will update when she replies back)
Sulfate(SO4 or SO4-S, but need to know which anion it is) -- 7.7
Chloride(Cl) -- 28.8
Nitrate(NO3 or NO3-N, but need to know which anion it is) -- --.- (will update when she replies back)
Nitrite(NO2) -- --.- (will update when she replies back)
Flouride(F) -- 0.7
pH -- 7.78

I'm an all grain brewer and like to brew a variety of beers. I've paid for Bru'n Water, but have as of yet to receive my copy. What do I need to do to make my tap water play nice with my beer? I plan on brewing Wednesday (27 Jun 13) with my stepdad (whom got me started in this and this will be our first brew together).

However, I also want to help out any UCF Orlando guys with posting this information here. This is current as today, 24 Jun 13.

Edit: Updated some more information after a phone conversation with the water quality representative.

Thanks man. I'm over by Waterford so this helps. I got excited when I got my recent water report but it had none of this in it, just bacteria and carcinogen level.

I was unaware there was a paid version of Bru'nwater. The spreadsheet is available as a free download on the site. Is it possible you just donated money and didn't download the spreadsheet? Or is there another application that I'm not aware of?

Back