New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian Tripel

tripel.jpg

It does indeed. Some of us have better compositions than others, that's for sure! Mine is 2005, and while I thought about where things went, I can't say it paid off.

Here's my German Pils that I've brewed a dozen times or more with ~ a half dozen different yeasts. Got the recipe where I want it and occasionally experiment with different hopping schedules. It's a solid brew and also my dad's favorite. 48%/35% German pils/Weyermann floor malt, 8% Vienna, 4% Carapils, 2% acid malt, 30IBUs, 1-1.5 ozs noble hops at 10mins
OlVy248.jpg

Centennial pellets and homegrown columbus pale ale. I should have bittered with all pellets as I was goin for an high bitter pale ale, as it turned out it was nice bitter pale ale close to a summit.
I really should stop using my phone for beer pics, bad quality photos.

Photo04292232.jpg

stout I brewed a few months ago, tried it against the Guinness WI porter . Porter had much better aroma but little taste, homebrew the exact opposite
Sp1hFyW.jpg

Here's what's great about having a Czech Cerne (dark lager) and a German pils on tap: Polotmavé Speciální, a blend of the two. I've heard the blend is common in Czech brewpubs and is called Řizek or "cut". Delicious! I highly recommend it.

You are making me thirsty! Great looking beer!

That board is awesome, how long has that Christmas ale been on tap haha

Haha thanks! On tap since January this year. It wasn't ready in time for Christmas because of how much cinnamon I foolishly tossed in. Just dumped the remainder of it last night to make room in the keezer and it was still a cinnamon bomb. Lesson learned. :mug:

Bottled these my smoked Porter in bombers last Monday in hopes they would be carbed for my golf trip starting this Tuesday.

This sample was carbed at 68 degrees, the ones I'm bringing are upstairs at 74 degrees. So it should be slightly more carbed up.

16 oz of cold steeped coffee and 4 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract balanced out the 3lbs of cherrywood smoked malts very well. Should really improve with age.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432995655.728137.jpg

Beautiful! I finished off a Caramel Amber Ale a month or so ago. It was very good. Been looking for a good recipe for a Dubbel. If you were in a recipe sharing mood I would certainly be willing to receive it. ;)

The recipe for the beer in the picture is from post #1 of this thread (link below). The only change was that I used Cluster for the bittering hop to the same Tinseth IBU bitterness.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=369109

It recipe seems to produce a beer more like a Dubbel than a Dark Strong to me.

The recipe for the beer in the picture is from post #1 of this thread (link below). The only change was that I used Cluster for the bittering hop to the same Tinseth IBU bitterness.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=369109

It recipe seems to produce a beer more like a Dubbel than a Dark Strong to me.

Thanks for the recipe!
:mug:

I've got three beers kegged/on tap and two fermenters bubbling. Now that I have my supply built up, I told my wife I may take a week or two break. But now I may have to brew one more before taking a short break... :D

My vanilla cream stout from sometime last year. Weather turned this week so I decided it was a good time to break it out again

20150602_185948.jpg

20150602_185904.jpg

Back