Saison yeast 565

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacebrew

Reaction score
Well, we have been brewing a bunch of Saisons. And we decided to try and clone Bam Biere sans the sour/funk factor.

Well... the taste of the beer is very very close. The only thing that is bugging me is this. The yeast DOES NOT FLOCCULATE OUT. And our beer is very cloudy. However, it tastes great. Anyone know any tips on getting this strain to drop out?

You could try cold crashing it and or adding some gelatin. My normal saison recipe is similar in appearance to saison Dupont which the strain is derived from and it never really drops bright.

I had the exact opposite experience using 565. It's probably one of the brightest beers I've made right out of the fermenter. No finings (except for whirlfloc in the kettle) or cold crashing. I did notice that while it flocced out great for me the yeast cake wasn't terribly dense.

Back