Has anyone had this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesleyS

Reaction score
A couple years ago I picked this up and never opened it. Has anyone had this beer before.

image-3911099412.jpg

never even heard of it, but after looking over the website I am insanely jealous right now.

I think I'll be drinking this soon. I'm worried I will regret buying only one.

I've had oh sooo many of these!! I've had them from many different year dates too. I LOVED Fuller's Vintage and it was *the* beer that started me on beer connoisseuring. I started at 26 years old, 12 years ago. I had it at dinner in a Scottish restaurant in NYC (St. Andrews) with a steak and the pairing was godly. I'd seen it on the menu and didn't even know beers were ever vintaged so I took a chance and ordered it. I walked out thinking I need to check out more beers and it went from there. And now... I make my own! :mug:

I don't know how that will taste 6 years later, honestly I think it may not be so great. But, I hope it held up and tastes awesome. Oh hey, if you want a similar taste without the Vintage label Fuller's 1845 is a good alternative. It's not the same of course but it's rather close IMO. Funny too because right now I have an English Ale fermenting that I made not to clone but inspired by Fuller's London Pride. I've even passed by their brewery in England a few times... on the way back to the airport :(

Rev.

I appreciate the replies. I'll be opening this either this week or the weekend.

I was given a recipe to mod the Cooper's English bitter can that's supposed to taste like Fuller's ESB. Gotta look in my PM's. That bottle looks like it'll be great.

I had a bottle of it a few years back, wasn't one of my favorites but my taste buds weren't used to the style back then either.

Never heard of it but I'd like to try it!

side note I have that same bottle of Maker's and the same wine rack at home...

Well, I opened it tonight. Definitely a beer for a special occasion, but as I didn't have any special occasions in the near future, tonight works and beer is a special occasion in itself, is it not.
I'm pleased with how this beer has held up. I wish I at least had one more bottle.

image-1838962271.jpg

I had the 2011 not to long ago,It was pricey but it also was pretty good. I think what they imply even on the back of the box is that they preferr you to age it up to 2 yrs.

Back