Bottles of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huascar

Reaction score
Hello:

I have a couple of beers at my fridge and the saturday I opened one bottle of 650 cc. The flavor was awsome and it was very clear.

I think "I did it". So then I opened another botle on one liter and the beer wasn´t clear and it taste bitter.

What happened? It was the bottle? (650 - 1000 cc)
The temperature of the bottle?
The liters of beer into the bottle?

Thanks

were the beers in the fridge for the same amount of time?

the size of the bottle should not impact the taste, so something else must be the problem. Try to put them in the fridge for longer periods of time, 2 weeks prior to drinking, for example.

I conquer,it sounds like the 2nd one wasn't in the fridge as long as the 1st one. As if it also hadn't had enough time at room temp to carb,condition,& settle out clear.

Kinda sounds like you poured more of the settled yeast from the second one into your glass.Making it cloudy and giving you harsher flavors.Try letting it settle by chilling and condtioning longer and not shaking or turning it and stuff and pourning more carefully leaving the last 1/2 inch in the bottle.

When did you bottle that batch?

ps: nice to see another Latin American here.

Back