How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just walked in the door with 5 gallons of Motts and some corn sugar. By the end of the weekend we'll be at

chris.

Just over 400 gallons till.......

evil-doctor.jpg

FOUR THOUSAND GALLONS OF APFELWEIN!!!!

Where is the updated graph?

I just found 22oz bombers from batch #1 in June, wahooooo!

3616 + 3 = 3619 gallons

My small three-gallon batch is bubbling away as I type. I also have a Party Pig filled with EdWort's Haus Pale Ale chilling in my fridge. Thanks for the recipes, Ed!

3619 + 5 = 3624 gallons!

I just talked to my German buddy via email. His take on Apfelwein:

"Sure, apfelwein is usually consumed in the frankfurt area. The first glass is pretty awful but its getting better with every sip. Should me mostly fermented apple juice. So it tastes like unsweetened cider."

blacklab said:
I just talked to my German buddy via email. His take on Apfelwein: The first glass is pretty awful but its getting better with every sip.

As I said, it's an aquired taste, thus my 3 glass rule, ja? :D

Your German freund has it down pat.

3624+5=3629

I just started my second batch last night using Nottingham. I did the first batch with Montrachet, and wanted the second batch to have a little sweetness left in it. The airlock is bubbling away, but there is no krausen. Is this normal with Nottingham?

EDIT: Never mind, I have a nice foamy krausen going. I have never used it before, so I was just wondering.

3634 + 5 = 3639

Fermented second bach with Gervin Wine Yeast Varietal D (for making Beaujolais style wines)

Cheers Ed for this wicked apfelwein!

dave36640 said:
3704 + 5 = 3754

I've done 10 gallons since I last posted in this thread, so correcting the math of the previous post it's

Edit - someone beat me to it...

3714+10 = 3724

Just whipped some up last night. This hobby has really made my appreciate how cool it would be to have a time machine 'cause I can't friggen wait!!!! :D

3729 = 3724 + 5

Back