Thermostat and in freezer thermometer has different readings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiako

Reaction score
Bought a cheap liquid thermometer and have an analog thermostat hooked up to the chest freezer..

It is set to 62. Inside it reads 55..

Have you checked to make sure the thermometer is calibrated? If so, just make up for the difference on the thermostat.

calibrated?

Put it into a pot of boiling water (it should read 212* F).
Put it into a cup of crushed ice water and swirl (it should read close to 32* F)

If it doesn't do these things, you know it's off by "x" degrees. Some thermometers have a small nut underneath the face of the thermometer so they can be adjusted others however do not.

Put it into a pot of boiling water (it should read 212* F).
Put it into a cup of crushed ice water and swirl (it should read close to 32* F)

If it doesn't do these things, you know it's off by "x" degrees. Some thermometers have a small nut underneath the face of the thermometer so they can be adjusted others however do not.

I put it into crushed ice and it got water inside the case.. I dunno it is acting funny but I guess you get what you pay for.. 3 bucks. The temp chagne in ice lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back