I better get brewing... Latest CL score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
A while back a guy posted "200 wine bottles" in the free section of craigslist. I was super busy at the time so saved the post but didn't respond.

A week or so later I responded - he still had them - all the same label and vintage. I plan on brewing and bottling up some meads and fruit wines this summer.

My count is 283 750 ml bottles (plus or minus a dozen). Right under 60 gallons worth :mug:.

3645305156_ae2556cfce.jpg

Tossed em in the crawlspace since it'll be a while before I can actually use them (need to buy a corker). Got to thinking and I think I'll build a ghettostyle storage system for underneath the house (a crappy 1973 mobile - but it's cheap for while I'm in school and I get a decent sized yard and carport for far less than what I'd pay for an apartment).

Need to toss a fermenting carboy down there and record the temp... I bet the ground would keep a fermenting carboy at a respectable temperature.

Guess I need to buy some kegs to ferment in...

Our local winery puts the empty bottles from the tasting area behind their shop in a hut for anyone to pick up. If it gets too full, they take them to the recycling center.

I guess it is cheaper to give them away than to pay someone to remove the labels and wash them.

Back