1st Belgian - will it ever stop fermenting? LOL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Holy cow. It's on day 17 and still bubbling once ever 6 seconds. I'll have two beers brewed and carbonated by the time I rack this into a secondary LOL

Get it warmer, like around 68° - otherwise, you're not getting enough character out of the yeast. Usually takes around 21 days for me at that temperature with a healthy pitch.

you could warm it up a bit; many belgian strains (including that one) get real sluggish towards the end of fermentation and you can push them a bit to finish up by raising the temp. I'd take it up to 70.

If it has been going for 17 days at that temp I would go up to 75* if possible. Mine took about 20 days at 72* and I racked after 30. You won't get the alcohol flavors and want (I assume) some of the esters and fruit from a warmer ferment

Will do - I'll put the carboy into the carbonation room with the Pacific Jade Pale Ale and the Brown.

Yes - used a starter (always on everything).

Sorry - just completed it. First new label in a while - I've been brewing old favorites!!

pacificJade.jpg

Back