Official Bilge Wine (submarine Style) Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHvanBommel

Reaction score
2 bags of grape bug juice powder
5lbs of plane white sugar
1 packet of bread yeast
1 AFFF fire extinguisher (so nobody can tell the difference)
2 weeks...

hangover on station...? whaaa???

I can neither confirm nor deny having any idea if this may or may not have EVER HAPPENED.

Sweet. I've heard stories of submarine bilge wine, but never saw it for myself. I do know that there have been some pretty hardcore drinkers on every boat I've been on, and I am sure not everyone of them stayed dry underway.

HAHAHAH yeah... ever wonder why some of them brought so much listerine? ;)

SQUIDS!!!!

Damn sailors... LOL
Ive seen this crap onboard my SHIP - but then again being on a boat MADE to sink... Yall do some funny stuff ;)
-Me

HA! that's Mr. Squid to you... bubblehead works too.. and mmm.... if your not on a submarine... your a target ;)

Started out on SSBN's (Georgia, Jackson), then became a man and went to the Olympia.

when were you on the olympia and who were your RM's? I know a fwe guys off there. 'Grats on gettin' your sack back ;)

I was on the oly from 03-07. Radiomen I remember Gregorio, Holshouser (sp?), Anderson, and after that I'm drawing a blank.

2 bags of grape bug juice powder
5lbs of plane white sugar
1 packet of bread yeast
1 AFFF fire extinguisher (so nobody can tell the difference)
2 weeks...

hangover on station...? whaaa???

I can neither confirm nor deny having any idea if this may or may not have EVER HAPPENED.

Been there, done that! First time in '78

Variation:

15gal poly bottle from A-Gangers or ELTs, cleaned and rinsed well.
4 packets bread yeast
8 32oz cans of Apple Juice
1 5lb bag Apples
5lbs sugar
1 16oz box raisins
Water to top off.
Surgical glove and large twist tie.

Chop apples to fit in bottle, add all other ingredients and screw on cap. Shake very well to thoroughly mix.
Remove screw cap and install surgical glove and twist tie on, poke pin hole into social finger of glove.
Place entire assembly behind switchboards and arrange cables to disguise.
Wait until halfway night (about 4 weeks or so) and taste.

Serve copious amounts to discrete shipmates in empty cough medicine bottles. Suck on apple pulp in cheek to numb face.

Latest posts

Back