Tasted my first brew last night...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roasty

Reaction score
AND WOW! It was great!

I had a good friend over for the 1st tasting. He himself had previously brewed using Mr. Beer and had terrible results (bleeding rectum, anyone?). Needless to say, he was excited to try it, but was somewhat skeptical of what my results might be (heck, so was I).

So I grab a couple from the fridge and cross my fingers. I didn't even know if they were carbed or not since everything I bottled in was glass. But I heard a PSST! from both bottles and knew everything had worked.

So we pour and taste...and his reaction was even better than mine. "Holy crap! That's great! I'd PAY for this. I would seriously pick up a 6-pack of this at the grocery every week if I could."

So wow, I'm now hooked for life and my pipeline is beginning to fill.

The best part? After our 2nd bottles He took $10 out of his wallet and put it under his now-empty pint glass. He said it was for future brews because he definitely wants more.

I freaking love this hobby! :rockin:

Man I need to hang out with your friends, mine don't pay me sh*t.

Congrats on your first brew, glad it was a success. Cheers to many many more.

Yes, send him over here. All my friends who drink beer like that BMC stuff. Oh, except one, but he does his own Homebrewing... Reminds me to remind him about the 6'er he said he'd give me for a copy of that one poster....

I NEED someone to tell me my beer is good.

Congrats. What was it?

It was an extract Witbier. It's still slightly watery and the coriander is a hair too strong, but I'm quite sure a little more age will fix that. It was 3 weeks/3 weeks and 2 days in the fridge, so really I couldn't make myself wait any longer before the first samples. :D

Yes, send him over here. All my friends who drink beer like that BMC stuff. <snip>

It's a crying shame, ain't it? I've got a friend who went with us to the Flying Saucer bar last night. Over 200 different beers available and he'll only drink Coor's Light.

I made him sample the Victory Prima Pils that was on special and he didn't like it. Very very sad.

I have the same problem, not many friends who appreciate beer. Most would rather have a Bud Light. Why are so many Americans afraid to taste thier beer? My first beer was also an extract belgian wit and the coriander was very wierd for the first week or so, but has mellowed out considerably. It is nearly a dead ringer for hoegaarden, although it is a bit dark being made out of mostly LME.

I have the same problem, not many friends who appreciate beer. Most would rather have a Bud Light. Why are so many Americans afraid to taste thier beer?

My knee-jerk response to that, every time I hear the question, is that prohibition and then WWII grain rationing led to a dumbing-down of the American pallet.

What is odd though is that even the BMC folks tend to be open to trying wines they're not familiar with, yet different beers (of which there is more variety than wine) are WAY out of the question. WTF?

Congrats and cheers to many more!!

:mug:

I have the same problem, not many friends who appreciate beer. Most would rather have a Bud Light. Why are so many Americans afraid to taste their beer?

Its not just Americans lol...
My take is its all personal preference no matter how it came about.
I don't really care what others drink when it comes down to it I guess. In fact, the more BMC they drink, the more tasty beer for me...especially my home brew!
I keep a 1/2 barrel of MLite on tap all the time as thats what most BMC drinkers I know don't have an issue with...plus its cheap (like $60) and I'll even drink it too!
I leave a fund jar out on top of my kegerator and most peeps will drop some moolah in there when they help themselfs.
If they didn't and started to abuse my tap, they wouldn't be welcome long lol.
I don't stand for the moochers...thats like high school/college age games....

Back