Waco's First Annual Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLBrewer

Reaction score
The Dancing Bear Pub is proud to present the First Annual Waco Homebrew Competition. This event will be held on Sunday, July 28, 2012. The "Iron Ingredient" is wheat, all entries must contain some form of wheat. This competition will not be a sanctioned event, but the beers judged will reflect the categories described by the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP), available at bjcp.com. Only category 1-23 will be accepted. There WILL NOT be mead or cider category entries accepted.

More information and updates to come here and on facebook as well.

http://www.facebook.com/events/264053283694074/

I have a hefe bottled now that I could enter, but I have to work that weekend. Maybe I'll figure out someway to make it out. Is there a deadline for entry?

Curious why you aren't sanctioning it if you are doing BJCP. I could get a few judges to come up there and help judge (BJCP certified, including myself) but only if it's sanctioned. I'm greedy and I want the points :cross:

Probably just having it to host an event Alamo Draft House did one here in Houston and sounds similiar to what they are doing.

Back