Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just converted to a 3 tap tower....

image-2632025579.jpg

hipjimmer said:
Been working on the basement for a while now - but as a start, here's the serving area. A lot of inspiration from this thread.

Hipjimmer,

Your work appears fantastics! It has a very professional look all the way through, including the basement ceiling inset.

Definitely aspirational for us "screw some sheets of plywood together and call it furniture" pretenders.

Hipjimmer,

Your work appears fantastics! It has a very professional look all the way through, including the basement ceiling inset.

Definitely aspirational for us "screw some sheets of plywood together and call it furniture" pretenders.

You Sir, are too kind.

here is mine...still working away at it...
keg box (mini fridge goes inside). it was built big enough to allow air to move around freely, and the back only goes down half way.
Casters & Handles on as well/ heavy but mobile.
this is a pic of the dry fit...I will update, its been measured, adjusted, and secured...custom tap handles also put on...and a pic of my temp controller
tap tower awesome idea borrowed from a Homebrewtalk'er.

file.php

file.php

file.php

here is mine...still working away at it...
keg box (mini fridge goes inside). it was built big enough to allow air to move around freely, and the back only goes down half way.
Casters & Handles on as well/ heavy but mobile.
this is a pic of the dry fit...I will update, its been measured, adjusted, and secured...custom tap handles also put on...and a pic of my temp controller
tap tower awesome idea borrowed from a Homebrewtalk'er.

file.php

file.php

file.php

made some tap handles and a frame for the drip trays to sit in (needs to be painted).

and i will paint the beer name tags with chaulkboard paint...so I can ID the beer on tap

file.php

file.php

file.php

Bottom freezer Whirlpool refrigerator in the laundry room. Drilled holes for 2 taps thru the side of the unit. Nothing fancy but I did recycled a couple waterski trophies for the tap handles.

The taps would hit the side of the fridge and needed a spacer over the shank. Does anyone make a shank spacer? I cut a couple of 1" long spacers from a 1.25" chrome tailpiece. The pipe is the type used under sinks to connect to the p-trap. Or is there a way to adjust the tap handle angle on the Perlick 525SS?

Sorry for the sideways photos, not sure how to fix.

Keg 3.jpg

Keg 2.jpg

Keg1.jpg

Keg 4.jpg

After a few years of bottling, I FINALLY talked SWMBO into letting me build a keezer (I convinced her by saying I would get some of my bottles out of her pantry :D). Anywho here's the pics of the build, kegs will be here Monday.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Good job guys and gals. The Kelvinator with racing stripes is my fave, but I dig the concrete top with distressed wood, too. I do a lot of design and decorative concrete work, so I'll make sure to put my keezer up here when I get it all worked out. :rockin:

jmh286 said:
After a few years of bottling, I FINALLY talked SWMBO into letting me build a keezer (I convinced her by saying I would get some of my bottles out of her pantry :D). Anywho here's the pics of the build, kegs will be here Monday.

Tried and trued design.

My wife used to complain about all the beer bottles, so she is a fan of the kegerator. She's never seems to complain about the empty wine and mead bottles that she leaves out. :drunk:

Finally got around to painting and staining. Used a bronze color hammered finish paint. And finally named the brewery too!

image-3263062635.jpg

Attachments

• image-1263530440.jpg
    image-1263530440.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,672
Took my son's old dorm fridge, built a box around it, added two twin tap towers. Room for 6 cornys. and it is on wheels

By any chance can you post a materials list and how did you seal it along the edges of the fridge and the door?

By any chance can you post a materials list and how did you seal it along the edges of the fridge and the door?

2 Sheets of 1 1/2" Foil Faced Rigid Insulation, I used EPS, I would do it again using Poly Iso rigid for a better R-value.
2 8' 2x4 for the base framing
1 sheet 1/2 Plywood for top of base and back side of box
1 sheet 3/4" Poplar finished plywood
6 sticks 1x2 poplar for trim 4' lengths
2 sticks 1x3 poplar for the door trim 4' lengths
3 sticks 10' of 1 1/2" 20 gage metal angle for the framing
1 stick 1 5/8" 20 gage metal channel for the door opening
top is stained with Minwax Hunter Green
the rest is stained with Minwax American oak, I think.

for the seal, I dismantled the actual door from the fridge and attached it to the new door.
since the door seal is magnetic, I used metal channel to frame in the door opening.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_20131110_123038_536.jpg

Finished this up last week craigslist and cheap lumber. Irish stout on tap and a smoked porter a week out. Adding more kegs and taps after Christmas.

image-374213186.jpg

image-3852241365.jpg

image-479235761.jpg

2 Sheets of 1 1/2" Foil Faced Rigid Insulation, I used EPS, I would do it again using Poly Iso rigid for a better R-value.
2 8' 2x4 for the base framing
1 sheet 1/2 Plywood for top of base and back side of box
1 sheet 3/4" Poplar finished plywood
6 sticks 1x2 poplar for trim 4' lengths
2 sticks 1x3 poplar for the door trim 4' lengths
3 sticks 10' of 1 1/2" 20 gage metal angle for the framing
1 stick 1 5/8" 20 gage metal channel for the door opening
top is stained with Minwax Hunter Green
the rest is stained with Minwax American oak, I think.

for the seal, I dismantled the actual door from the fridge and attached it to the new door.
since the door seal is magnetic, I used metal channel to frame in the door opening.

Nice greatly appreciated. Does it hold temperatures just as well or does the mini fridge compressor struggle a bit?

Nice greatly appreciated. Does it hold temperatures just as well or does the mini fridge compressor struggle a bit?

So far it seems to work just fine, I have a small fan to circulate the air, plans on adding computer fans and ducting to cool the towers.

the only issue I see is knocking the frost buildup off of the "freezer" section, I will have to see how long it is between "defrosts"

The overall build, not including the fridge since I have had it for a few years cost about $350, including the two tap towers.

best part is that the wife told me that it looks too nice to keep out in the garage, and we should find a place in the house for it....SCORE...:mug:

Wow! Do you have a build thread on this?

It wasn't much of a build. Originally held 6 sankey kegs with lines leading to a separate walk in cooler. I just chopped all and convert to ball locks, and installed a 3 pressure gas system (one is beer gas). Wouldn't want to brag about having done a home build. I did find it on HBT one day, and I was the first to respond. It came out of a bar remodel in San Diego. Got lucky, it was cheap. Thanks for your interest. I probably will post some more pics when I get it finished. Having this on the patio reminds me of how close to the edge I might be.
Pat

Nicely done, jcb!

JCB,

As an architect and a furniture designer/builder, I have to say that although it isn't my aesthetic (like modern and mid-century modern), I really appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail. Great dovetails on the keezer collar.

Keep up the good work and letting people know that fine craftsmanship still exists in the U.S.A.!

Cheers! :mug:

I'm always impressed by the craftsmanship that people are capable of in their projects. :mug:

and then there is my build......:p

Mine isn't very pretty or innovative but it is completely functional and dispenses delicious beer:)
I used a 7 cu.ft freezer I had for years in the garage and repainted it metallic silver to cover some scratches and marks, collar painted black. It currently holds 4 kegs. I will eventually install a nitro system as well and add a stout tap.

yHthuoV.jpg

I'm always impressed by the craftsmanship that people are capable of in their projects. :mug:

and then there is my build......:p

Mine isn't very pretty or innovative but it is completely functional and dispenses delicious beer:)
I used a 7 cu.ft freezer I had for years in the garage and repainted it metallic silver to cover some scratches and marks, collar painted black. It currently holds 4 kegs. I will eventually install a nitro system as well and add a stout tap.

yHthuoV.jpg

I'm digging the BFL.

My keezer is posted earlier in this thread, but I just added a nitro rig with stout faucet bringing me to 4 taps total.

I saw taps handles like this and it may be one of your earlier pics, but I decided I will likely use the same idea when I start kegging. It's simple and beer-themed for sure.

Back