GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if it is on Netflix or not anymore (don't have Netflix at the moment) but Downfall is excellent. It covers the last few days of Hitler in his bunker at the end of WWII.

Also, not on Netflix, but it is (or at least was) on Hulu for free - Green Wing. Sorta like scrubs without all the touchy feely bs.

Now, House of cards......I'm planning on watching it.......I saw the original years ago when it first aired, but have forgotten most of it.

Anyone here seen both? Should I re-watch the original before the new one? Or should I just go right ahead and watch the new one?

I saw Fresh, pretty good if you like the food documentaries.

I'm not sure what is going on with their content licensing schemes, but I have not been very happy about the content Netflix has been dropping from their service lately.

Love Netflix instant, I completely dropped cable television and use my television for Netflix, Crackle and Pandora only these days.

Futurama: Season 3, episode 13 (episode #45 of the series) is probably the most on topic suggestion I can make. Love that episode.

weirdboy said:
I'm not sure what is going on with their content licensing schemes, but I have not been very happy about the content Netflix has been dropping from their service lately.

Yeah it's pretty bogus. No sooner did they add T2 then they dropped T1. They need to get it together

Now, House of cards......I'm planning on watching it.......I saw the original years ago when it first aired, but have forgotten most of it.

Anyone here seen both? Should I re-watch the original before the new one? Or should I just go right ahead and watch the new one?

Never seen the old one but I've gotten very little sleep the past few nights because of not being able to turn off the new one. :smack:

Never seen the old one but I've gotten very little sleep the past few nights because of not being able to turn off the new one. :smack:

My wife has caught this. I refuse to take part. I don't have time enough as it is. Plus it doesn't look like my kind of show. She will watch almost anything though.

Homercidal said:
My wife has caught this. I refuse to take part. I don't have time enough as it is. Plus it doesn't look like my kind of show. She will watch almost anything though.

At least Honey Booboo hasn't made it to NF yet..

At least Honey Booboo hasn't made it to NF yet..

You! You just had to go there, and defile this awesome thread.......goddammit....;)

*A RECAP because I understand not wanting to read 600 pages*

If you want something very original and well done but:

Low budget Cerebral Comedy/Horror - LO. Not for everyone, but still awesome.(movie)

Horror - Blood Creek is some of the most awesome original horror I've seen lately.

Comedy/Horror - Tucker and Dale vs evil is MUST SEE.

TV - Battlestar Galactica (new one) is the best TV series I ever hope to see. Every TV review I do now starts out "Well, it aint BSG, but......"

Do not watch the Raven. It's such a stupid movie. I know this is about what's good on Netflix, but please heed my warning. Unless you like terrible acting and writing dont' watch it

The Dresden Files was a nice shot of TV variety. It's about the world's only openly practicing wizard, who also happens to be a PI. It's essentially murder mystery with supernatural elements thrown in. While far from faithful to the book series, it's a cool show that only lasted one season.

The Art of Flight documentary is well worth watching. It's one of those RedBull snowboarding films that makes you hate your job and want to move to Wyoming to take up a winter sport you would normally care less about. The filming locations and cinematography are SUPERB... think Lord of the Rings with snow... and the music good too.

Dear GOD!!!!

A boy and his dog somehow did manage to be awesome!

I almost didn't make it past the first 45 minutes, but I figured you guys couldn't be 100% wrong.;)

It managed to be pretty ok, but the very end KILLED IT!!(in a good way)

SPOILER*

I can't believe they ate the b!tch, lol. Awesome.

Ah one more on topic: Breaking Bad Season 2: Breakage (episode 12)

Try not to bottle too early and easy on the priming sugar.

The wife found the Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary performance the other night.

Indeed, it was very well done. Sounded great on the surround sound cranked up.

Sum of all Fears is an OK movie on it's own. Shame though is that it's not a quarter as awesome as the book. The book is so good, that the movie couldn't be on the same level so I didn't expect that. But it was solid effort if you ignore the annoying shaky action camera.

OK so I went to netflix to find that movie, and it seems that film is not available for streaming on netflix.

HOWEVER if you have an amazon prime membership, it is available there.

Sum of all Fears is an OK movie on it's own. Shame though is that it's not a quarter as awesome as the book. The book is so good, that the movie couldn't be on the same level so I didn't expect that. But it was solid effort if you ignore the annoying shaky action camera.

Are all the Jack Ryan books much better than the movies?

OK so I went to netflix to find that movie, and it seems that film is not available for streaming on netflix.

HOWEVER if you have an amazon prime membership, it is available there.

yea thats where i watched it but did a google search and thought i found it on streaming

did you watch it?

barrooze said:
Are all the Jack Ryan books much better than the movies?

What book isn't better than its movie? Any author worth his salt can write better than a producer and actor can.

J-Pizzel said:
What book isn't better than its movie? Any author worth his salt can write better than a producer and actor can.

+1 agreed for the most part.

Maybe a few movies out there come close. Misery was pretty spot on, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was a respectable effort even though it didn't follow the book story arch very closely. Fear and loathing in Las Vegas is a great trip. V for Vendetta was a heroic win too. Drive is also a legendary one.

Choke was pale. Rum Diary was bad. The Judge Dredd movie with Sly was embarrassing and that was a good comic at one time. So many more.

More on topic: streamed the South Park movie with my gf in the morning yesterday. I remember people leaving the theater when I saw it. It's a good one, not based on a book. I'm not even sure those guys can read.

That reminds me there is a good little short documentary called 6 days to South Park, or something like that. It really shows those guys' genius. Spoiler alert....I thought the highlight was when they discuss how they dropped a bunch of acid and then go to the Oscars in dresses.

Back