What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe this is my first ever eisbock. It's not so different from a dopplebock with maybe a little more alcohol warmth and it's a bit smoother, which makes sense. Yummy!

20130117_223800.jpg

Drinking my pale, its a bit under hopped so I added a few whole hops, super tasty now. Would this be a form of dry hopping?

I thought I had 2 glasses left in the keg... on #4 now an it still hasnt hissed at me yet... I have anotger batch to fill the keg with so I promised my kegerator that I would empty it tonight... Thirsty Thursdays once again!!

I am supposed to study tonight too... oh well. Nothing is due til sunday - look like my priorities are quickly shifting to playing my guitar and, well, finishing this keg. :drunk:

~Cheers to all and yours!

Qhrumphf said:
I recall meeting up with friends in NYC, at the same time meeting up with other friends from Montreal. Montreal friends were astonished how cheap cigarettes were in NYC. I was astonished. I don't know what the going Montreal rate is (never been), but if I had to pay NYC prices I might actually be able to make myself quit. If you play your cards right (and know who has what discounts when), you can still get em for about $3 a pack in VA

I bought the machine and started making my own, NJ prices aren't too much better.

Wulfman - I'd. Count it!

I have to admit that I did that as a joke with a busch light... have to admit that it improved the flavor!

Wulfman - I'd. Count it!

I have to admit that I did that as a joke with a busch light... have to admit that it improved the flavor!

Nice, I tried that with keystone before.. it did make it lil better.. but it takes a few for the hops to open up and get the flavor

Yeah, it was a "late night experiment" which translates to: I was brewing until midnight and needed to drink a light beer to be able to focus enough to pitch the yeast... I found this one, and a hop that magically jumped out of my measuring cup and thought to myself, "Heeey! Me - put that s#it in this crappy beer and drink it.. wait..what? Who said that!?!"

:tank:

My Elephant clone at 9%, after a Knee Deep Hoptologist, while listening to some Trollfest with the boy.

ForumRunner_20130117_201734.png

pmatson - that is m ABSOLUTE FAVORITE beer I have ever tried...I live near Eugene, Oregon and have to search all the local "yippee" grocers to find it... and I mostly fail, sadly. My brother works at a place in Portland that carries it... they get 2 cases, and it stays off the shelf. Customers have to ask for it by name in order to get a pint... I wish I could afford to brew a clone constantly and keep it on tap, but that is a ridiculous hop expense...

igotsand said:
Drinking stone lucky bastard...
Such a unique beer that its my favorite of all the bastards..
Igotsand

I've got those same cheesy thin bamboo cutting boards. Man those things suck. They're already warped and starting to split after 6 months.

Komocabo said:
pmatson - that is m ABSOLUTE FAVORITE beer I have ever tried...I live near Eugene, Oregon and have to search all the local "yippee" grocers to find it... and I mostly fail, sadly. My brother works at a place in Portland that carries it... they get 2 cases, and it stays off the shelf. Customers have to ask for it by name in order to get a pint... I wish I could afford to brew a clone constantly and keep it on tap, but that is a ridiculous hop expense...

What is Ninkasi Total Domination for $500.

Komocabo: I am fortunate that my local liquor store here in San Diego gets it pretty regularly. While they only allow you to buy one a day, it does happen to be a right hand turn on my drive home very day...better to be lucky than good!

Road liner: I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the Younger, though the Elder is a more than satisfactory consolation prize.

Road liner: I haven't had the pleasure of tasting the Younger, though the Elder is a more than satisfactory consolation prize.

I'll start keeping my eye out for it.. might have to bribe someone to send me one.

Scratch that.. lol I'm definitely going to have to try to find someone to send me one.. doesn't look they distribute anywhere I travel to :-/

pmatson - Go Bolts!.. and YOU are a lucky man!

Bottlebomber - Ninkasi makes some great beers. The Domination is good - personally, I prefer their Believer (Double Red) - that is my favorite beer they make. 2nd would be their seasonal Alt "Sleigher".

EDIT: Just finished the keg!

Komocabo said:
pmatson - Go Bolts!.. and YOU are a lucky man!

Bottlebomber - Ninkasi makes some great beers. The Domination is good - personally, I prefer their Believer (Double Red) - that is my favorite beer they make. 2nd would be their seasonal Alt "Sleigher".

EDIT: Just finished the keg!

Ahh, Sleighr just showed up at my local pizza pub. I was just guessing because you didn't actually name a beer in your post.

I'm having Sucks.. It's pretty good, but I prefer the Sumpin' Sumpin'. That beer tastes like bubblegum.

I have a local store that has Wookey for 2 bombers for 8 bucks. I think I need to go back and stock up. Will do that tomorrow. It is good. Im working, so no beer right now. Wishing I could.....

SFGiantsFan925 said:
I have a local store that has Wookey for 2 bombers for 8 bucks. I think I need to go back and stock up. Will do that tomorrow. It is good. Im working, so no beer right now. Wishing I could.....

2 for $8? I'd clear the shelf!

nukebrewer said:
Yeah, I'm popping my Wookey Jack cherry with this and you aren't kidding.

I was speechless after my first sip.
I'm planning on brewing the clone recipe from skeezerpleezer soon. If its anywhere close to the real thing I'll be pleased.

WesleyS said:
I was speechless after my first sip.
I'm planning on brewing the clone recipe from skeezerpleezer soon. If its anywhere close to the real thing I'll be pleased.

What would you have said? "Honey! Honey! This is da best beer I eva had!"
Wife - :rolleyes:

Coney Island Human Blockhead, from Schmaltz, meh.....very off mouthfeel for a Doppelbock, and very very boozy. If I didn't have a fridge full of Korbinian and Salvator, my opinion might be different, or if I hadn't seen a good doppelbock in months.

bottlebomber said:
What would you have said? "Honey! Honey! This is da best beer I eva had!"
Wife - :rolleyes:

Ha, yeah she doesn't care. And I think I did actually say that. The last beer I talked her into tasting was Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout. She almost spit it back up on the floor. I told her she needs to try an IPA because she likes the smell of them and liked the hop candy I bought. But, she couldn't be any less interested in beer than she already is.

Back