Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MollyHatchet said:
Mine came from a former co-worker who passed away. After work we would go to his place and have a few drinks and unwind. This usually involved disgusting, (yes disgusting) our displeasure with politicians, criminals etc. So out of several rounds of this, his wife gets out a sign she had made for his bar "The Mad Cop Bar". After he passed away in 2001. His wife gave me his sign, which in 2004 I built a 10-12 seat bar in my home, I had to name it "The Mad Cop Bar" promptly displayed the sign as a memory to a good friend and co-worker. I consider the sign as a license to use the name. I have been doing extracts, but I am about to start all grain, and working up recipes I can call my own with names like , hot pursuit, felonious assault, disorderly conduct, aggravated assault, 11 months & 29 days, and the ultimate for a barley wine, "Homicide". I might even use some infamous name like Capone, Jesse James, Son of Sam, the night stalker, or Andy& Barney's summer ale, etc,etc. it's a never ending list of great names for beers.

Cheers!

Don't forget 10-10 for high ABV, code 4, 10-7.

I don't think Happy Devil Brewing is taken yet. My buddy who wants to brew with me thought of it. His last name is Deville, mine is Happ.

If I ever make labels or make something for the front of the keezer, I figured on Willapa brewing.
I live on the South Fork of the Willapa river, I'm in the Willapa hills, I grew up on Willapa bay and it forms a large portion of our county.

Not sure if an oyster, sturgeon, salmon, boat, waterfowl or logging inspired image would go with it.

We decided on Beauxmont's Brewery though we're still working on a logo.

Beauxmont was the nickname my wife and I used for my son while he was in utero.

I also barrel-aged whisky from New Year's Eve until the week he was born in May and called it Beauxmont's Batch. Surprisingly good.

I have named my brewery the Brew Pedaler Aleworks. I have never stayed in one location long enough to call home so the brewery name has to be mobile until I settle down. My life has always involved bicycles, hence the pedaler part. Once friends started asking for beers, I made it a point of always delivering them on my bike.

I am working on a logo. I also try to name my beers with a cycling theme, for instance Bunny Hop IPA and Summer Ride Weisen.

Paul

My buddy and I have Boston terriers. They're nicknamed American gentleman. We're American and family men.

American gentleman brewery

I have been in the military (Army) just over 10 years and I am a faithful artillerymen! But I have only been with an Artillery battalion about 3 years of my career since the reorganization of the Army we 13F (Fister) are attached to infantry or Cavalry units. When I finally started brewing it just stuck with me the history of Artillery with the Red stripe greaves a everything
So I came up with Red Leg Brewing Co. In association with Veteran brewing group: a few of us who have invested in each other helping each other build our rigs and piece together our equipment.

I had heard about brewing need at home and was very interested. I talked to my wife about it. She wasn't on board. Weeks of talking and begging, and "breaking her arm" over it became Broken Arm Brewery

Channel 66 started back when I was in college I didn't have much money and the only apartment I could afford was in a crappy neighborhood, constantly shady things going on out the window. We were on the corner on the 3rd floor and had a ton of Windows so we could sit in our living room and look down all 4 directions. We couldn't afford cable so watching the neighborhood goings ons became a hobby. We called it channel 66 (66 being our house number). One day we saw a poodle jump out of a 4th story window hit the ground and proceed to chase after a cat. All of my neck labels feature said poodle jumping out of, off of, or into something.

Channel 66 started back when I was in college I didn't have much money and the only apartment I could afford was in a crappy neighborhood, constantly shady things going on out the window. We were on the corner on the 3rd floor and had a ton of Windows so we could sit in our living room and look down all 4 directions. We couldn't afford cable so watching the neighborhood goings ons became a hobby. We called it channel 66 (66 being our house number). One day we saw a poodle jump out of a 4th story window hit the ground and proceed to chase after a cat. All of my neck labels feature said poodle jumping out of, off of, or into something.

neck label.jpg

ForumRunner_20121220_222554.png

Some examples.

LOL I thought we were the only ones goofy enough to name our "brewery". Glad to see so many of us. I was working on my daughters Jeep one day and had the bench seat from my truck sitting in the garage. I am sweating and cursing when I look over at the Bench seat and my wife, mother, friend 1, and daughter are all relaxing while watching me work. So I cracked a beer and called them all a bunch of Garage Princesses. Thus the name Garage Princess Breweries was born later that night when we were brewing.

I call mine "Drunk Crossing Brewery".
My neighbours across the street from us have a basement bar (we are on a single level house with no bar) and they often open it up for us and our friends. I said I'll be drunk crossing the street to visit, and the rest is history.

2 years ago I started barbecuing/smoking, and I named my smoker Bubba Q

so, the restaurant would be Bubba Q BBQ and the brewery is

View attachment 84653

plus Photoshop and way too much time on my hands

and, my dog's name is Howdy, so the beer is called Howdy Brau

View attachment 84655

There's a Bubba Q down here, they serve Pretty good BBQ, they also do pretty well at the competitions....

In college I stole a random teddy bear from some house party while under the influence of some yellowish 'beer'. The bear became known as Bad News Bear and he has had many exploits, normally involving profanity and compromising situations. I believe that the movie Ted was in some way or form based off Bad News' life. He does the stupid things so I don't have to...

So, it was a logical step. My buddy then designed the logo you see as my avatar, and away we went.

Just started my home brewing career and after trying to think of something witty an 'cool' to remind of my home country, Scotland, I came up with nothing. So I decided to call it after the street my fiancé and I live on here in Philly.

So Salaignac Brewing Company is the name. We've actually been told there's 2 ways to say our street name:

1) Sal-i-nac or;
2)Sa-lay-nac

We tend to say it the first way!

I've been trying to come up with a name for my brew for months. I have a freakishly large golden retriever we lovingly refer to as a horse. We also live on a street with small homes and all my neighbors have huge dogs ( mastiffs, Great Danes, st. Bernard's). With all these large fur balls around, I came up with the name "the Barking Horse Brewing Co."

Thoughts?

I've been trying to come up with a name for my brew for months. I have a freakishly large golden retriever we lovingly refer to as a horse. We also live on a street with small homes and all my neighbors have huge dogs ( mastiffs, Great Danes, st. Bernard's). With all these large fur balls around, I came up with the name "the Barking Horse Brewing Co."

Thoughts?

Appropriate name...I like it.

I read this thread over several sessions a few weeks ago and endeavored to come up with my own brewery name. I liked the idea somebody suggested to use the wordsmith.org anagram generator. I went to it, entered my name and came up with a few acceptable variations and eventually settled on "Machine Alley" Brewery (the runner up was "Alchemy Alien". I then set up a facebook page for it and posted the 6 batches I brewed in 2012 to it. I will now use it as my brew log. Please feel free to check it out and see my logo at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Machine-Alley-Brewery/384705458290876?fref=ts. I used a silhouette of a car on the logo and am contemplating using automotive related names for my batches. I'll see how that goes. Thanks for the inspiration on getting my brewery going!

I just now registered at this site and look froward to trolling the forums more often.

I live in alabama (home of yellow fizzy beer). Home brewing is still illegal and people are typically not open to trying micro brew, home brew, etc. Therefore, everyone says that I'm a beer snob because of what I drink. I consider it a badge of honor so I named my brewery after it.:rockin:

BeerSnob Brewery 1.jpg

The day my wife and I brought our dog maxx home he walked over to my beer knocked it over and started drinking it. So when I got into home brewing the wife said do you have a name and I quickly said yes . Maxx's Own Brewery. To which we can abbreviate to M.O.B Brewing.

The day my wife and I brought our dog maxx home he walked over to my beer knocked it over and started drinking it. So when I got into home brewing the wife said do you have a name and I quickly said yes . Maxx's Own Brewery. To which we can abbreviate to M.O.B Brewing.

Excellent! What kind of dog?? My German Shepherd LOVES beer (unsurprising, given her heritage) heehee

Gunpowder said:
Excellent! What kind of dog?? My German Shepherd LOVES beer (unsurprising, given her heritage) heehee

He is an English springer spaniel and where he is getting older (12 years old) I thought it would be great to always have something to remember him by. Glad to hear my dog is not the only one...

One of my favorite threads ever! I love reading everyone's story. I've been brewing for almost a year now and I have used this site quite extensively for help in getting started, but I haven't really posted (this might be my first??) Anyways, I have a geology degree and I love to collect rocks (I think my wife is quite tired of all the rocks randomly lying around the house) and on top of that my name is Kraig (meaning "rock") so I came up with rock house brewery or rock house brewing co. (not sure which way I really want to go with that).

rhblogo2small.jpg

I've got a decent beer name. My last name is Heilman, not with the extra E in it like Heileman's old style. So m thinking Heilman's New Style.

Thoughts

T & L's SPRAIGY Brewhaus. The spraigy stands for Scottish Polish Rebel American Irish German and Yankee which pretty much covers our heritage and accounts for some pretty good beers. No logo yet

Prost

Terry

My brewery is named Security Park Brewing Company. Just outside of my neighborhood is a very large building in the middle of a field. It is left over from rocket and missle construciton decades ago. It is big and ugly but should be remembered.

After sifting through an assortment of ideas I've settled on Twelfth and High Brewing Company. The back story? It's the intersection I live on. I felt like it had good appeal, easy for remembering and a semi-classic feel.

I've always liked the idea of old school pubs that simply had a picture on a board hanging out front. With that in mind I came up with Black Bishop Brewery, simply using a black bishop chess piece as the logo

Barrel 83 Brewing Co.

Barrel of beer measurement/production
I was born in 1983
Brewing Company rolls off the tongue well with barrel 83. So there you have it. On the front of my keezer I have the bottom of a barrel with well here's a pic. Also made my own tap handle.

keezer.jpg

Barrel 83 Brewing Co.

Barrel of beer measurement/production
I was born in 1983
Brewing Company rolls off the tongue well with barrel 83. So there you have it. On the front of my keezer I have the bottom of a barrel with well here's a pic. Also made my own tap handle.

I'm sorry, but that's just frickin' classy. :rockin:

After reading this thread, I also wanted to come up with a good brewery name... what a blast reading through all the stories in here.. but there is a pretty high bar set with a lot of the names.

I figured i would try out a name and see what you guys thought.. came up with Urban Arc Brewing Co.

My and my wife's families have always called our house "Noah's Arc" because we have always had a lot of pets.. at various times ferrets, birds, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinnea pigs, gerbils, chickens and hampsters.. when most of our friends hear the list they ask if we live on a ffarm... but our house is actually about 1/3 of an acre in the downtown area of a small city... which is where the Urban comes from

Whatcha think?

milepore said:
After reading this thread, I also wanted to come up with a good brewery name... what a blast reading through all the stories in here.. but there is a pretty high bar set with a lot of the names.

I figured i would try out a name and see what you guys thought.. came up with Urban Arc Brewing Co.

My and my wife's families have always called our house "Noah's Arc" because we have always had a lot of pets.. at various times ferrets, birds, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinnea pigs, gerbils, chickens and hampsters.. when most of our friends hear the list they ask if we live on a ffarm... but our house is actually about 1/3 of an acre in the downtown area of a small city... which is where the Urban comes from

Whatcha think?

I dig it!

The Barefoot Friar
Pizza & Brews

It's a long story. The Barefoot Friar thing I've had around for awhile. It's my handle pretty much everywhere on the internet. The pizza part is one of my passions. The brews part just naturally goes along with it.

Channel Canyon Brewing Co.
- named after my favourite stretch of river for kayaking near my hometown, the Channel Canyon. I love my beers almost as much as I love that river.

My First brewery name - S&M brewing
- Me, Miller, and my buddy, Sauer, bought our rookie equipment and brewed together. Our initials were S&M. Our tagline, "We've got Beer Whipped."

Back