What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TenFidy, what? So good... oh ya that's some homemade buff chicken pizza behind all that.

ForumRunner_20121229_223309.jpg

Drinking my iron swan ipa. First bottle of the newest batch so the citra dryhop is very present.

Just picked up a pound of citra pellets today because the wife cannot get enough of this beer!

image-3383414134.jpg

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout. Very little roast, definitely double creamy. It's no Kalamazoo, but a very good beer. Does Bell's make a bad beer?

allenH said:
Bell's Special Double Cream Stout. Very little roast, definitely double creamy. It's no Kalamazoo, but a very good beer. Does Bell's make a bad beer?

I love that stuff!! That and the Cherry Stout.

Drinking a growler of Left Nut Brown Ale from Vertigo Brewing. Voted best Nano Brewery in Oregon this year. They sure put out some tasty stuff!

Lushife said:
First lambic ever. It's pretty fuzzing good.

That's my favorite fruit beer. A lot of people talk down about Lindeman's Lambics and say they're not real lambics blah blah blah. But for what they are, they're pretty freakin good. I enjoy one from time to time and its the only beer I can get my wife to drink.

WesleyS said:
That's my favorite fruit beer. A lot of people talk down about Lindeman's Lambics and say they're not real lambics blah blah blah. But for what they are, they're pretty freakin good. I enjoy one from time to time and its the only beer I can get my wife to drink.

Why do they say they're not real lambics?

Lushife said:

Because they are heavily blended and back sweetened. If you have a real framboise it's much drier and more tart and funky. I don't mind the Lindeman's, and again it is the only beer my wife will drink. But it is rather like fizzy cough syrup. All things in moderation, I can't do a 750 that's for sure.

Lushife said:

Because its back sweetened and apparently doesn't properly represent the style. But when it comes down to it that stuff really doesn't matter. If it tastes good, it tastes good.

WesleyS said:
Because its back sweetened and apparently doesn't properly represent the style. But when it comes down to it that stuff really doesn't matter. If it tastes good, it tastes good.

True Dat!

Well I guess I'm gonna have to something that represents the style. I don't think to carry many at Wholefoods

Because they are heavily blended and back sweetened. If you have a real framboise it's much drier and more tart and funky. I don't mind the Lindeman's, and again it is the only beer my wife will drink. But it is rather like fizzy cough syrup. All things in moderation, I can't do a 750 that's for sure.

I'm not a big fan of them. They don't taste like beer to me. They taste like candy fruit cough syrup. But like y'all it's the only beer my wife will drink. Precisely because they don't taste like beer. She's got a bottle of their framboise in beer fridge.

I love a traditional lambic/gueuze, and my wife despises them more than any other beer ("vinegar armpit foot juice" is what she calls them). Shows just how far removed from traditional lambic the Lindemans beers are. Now, their Gueuze Cuvee Rene is FANTASTIC and much more true to style.

He should be!!! Glad you got one of those guys, it's the best IIPA you'll find around here, and in my top two in the country as far as what I've tried. :mug:

You don't have any Abrasive

But.... he did..... you had it yet? ;)

That's true. Almost all of my favorite beers are not available where I live. Houston sucks sometimes.

But.. but.. St. Arnold's.. Jester King.. Southern Star.. but yeah, other than that, Houston blows. :mug:

This is another beauty from the Giants fan...

HPIM1725.jpg

Fvcking awesome!! Now I'm onto a Lukcy Basartd, which is also fvkcnig awesmoe. :D

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Nope, but I figure maybe a little later after I've recovered emotionally from the fact that I've dropped about 2 grand on beer and brewing ingredients this month I would try to hit you up for some :mug:

Well, after drinking the abrasive everything else pretty much tastes like water so I'll quietly weep into a glass of my completely inadequate Black IPA. Thanks for ruining my life Surly Brewing! Are you happy!

image-3606759522.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
He should be!!! Glad you got one of those guys, it's the best IIPA you'll find around here, and in my top two in the country as far as what I've tried. :mug:

Yeah, that was a complete surprise from Nuke. I'm glad I had the chance to try it. I will definitely have to get my hands on more of it. Or try to clone it.

NordeastBrewer77 said:

But.. but.. St. Arnold's.. Jester King.. Southern Star.. but yeah, other than that, Houston blows. :mug:

This is another beauty from the Giants fan...

Fvcking awesome!! Now I'm onto a Lukcy Basartd, which is also fvkcnig awesmoe. :D

Glad you got to try the Evil. Had one the other day and it was drinking really good. I think I am ready to break into more of that Abrasive. Such great stuff. Just dry hopped my Zombie Dust clone today with a bunch of Citra and wanted to lick the resin from my fingers haha. This hobby is just crazy.

I think I spent less when I did coke.

Wow, you've always led an envious life, huh? Self loathing will lead to bad things.... like drugs.... BTW, 2k a month is a pretty weak dope habit to say the least. I never liked coke, filthy substance, but when I was playing that game, that kinda haul was per deal, not per month. :D

Luckily, to alleviate ourselves from the simple stresses in life, we have this goddess for a couple more months. :mug:

HPIM1726.jpg

Speaking of Russian... Im having a Baltika 9 extra lager. Its different,and not shure I really like it. Has a strange cocoa/spice taste to it,brewed with maltose-you do get strong alcohol notes,forgot what sugar maltose is but I think it has something to do with the strange taste possibly.Something malt liquory about it-and Im not shure if I even know what malt liquor even tastes like anymore. Think Im dumping it.:( I think it may have been brewed with mice or something.

I love Baltika #9, especially for the price, and it is reminiscent of Carlsberg Elephant, seeing as how it is now brewed by Carlsberg. Did you buy it in a 3L bottle?

Duchesse de Bougogne, Heretic Evil Twin, Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss, Dogfish Head 75min, Alesmith Wee Heavy, Ommegang Rare Vos, and now, Ballast Point Victory at Sea.

Back