What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green flash west coast ipa while making some buffalo chicken pizza. Then it's on to make a RIS!

ForumRunner_20121229_185411.jpg

Chamuco said:
Ok, that'll seal the deal right after this Ballast Point.

If you don't hear from me in 20 minutes, send for help! Cheers ya'll!

I think we lost him!

Speaking of Russian... Im having a Baltika 9 extra lager. Its different,and not shure I really like it. Has a strange cocoa/spice taste to it,brewed with maltose-you do get strong alcohol notes,forgot what sugar maltose is but I think it has something to do with the strange taste possibly.Something malt liquory about it-and Im not shure if I even know what malt liquor even tastes like anymore. Think Im dumping it.:( I think it may have been brewed with mice or something.

jonmohno said:
Speaking of Russian... Im having a Baltika 9 extra lager. Its different,and not shure I really like it. Has a strange cocoa/spice taste to it,brewed with maltose-you do get strong alcohol notes,forgot what sugar maltose is but I think it has something to do with the strange taste possibly.Something malt liquory about it-and Im not shure if I even know what malt liquor even tastes like anymore. Think Im dumping it.:( I like it may have been brewed with mice or something.

You may have an off bottle. That is one of my favorite lagers, It's been a while but I don't remember it tasting at all like malt liquor. Sorry for the disappointment.

I am very much enjoying a Hennepin Saison from Ommegang brewery. This beer almost has a champagne aroma with grassy and coriander notes. Very crisp with great head.

image-180949458.jpg

Speaking of Russian... Im having a Baltika 9 extra lager. Its different,and not shure I really like it. Has a strange cocoa/spice taste to it,brewed with maltose-you do get strong alcohol notes,forgot what sugar maltose is but I think it has something to do with the strange taste possibly.Something malt liquory about it-and Im not shure if I even know what malt liquor even tastes like anymore. Think Im dumping it.:( I think it may have been brewed with mice or something.

Yeah, I don't think it was Baltika 9, but I had a Russian beer recently that was freaking awful. Dumped it after only a few sips.

You may have an off bottle. That is one of my favorite lagers, It's been a while but I don't remember it tasting at all like malt liquor. Sorry for the disappointment.

Yeah,its got a taste,of cocoa/spice/ something weird that I almost cant swallow it. It is very rare that I feel that way about any beer also. Not shure if its a bad bottle,its just a weird flavor. Probably like trying an exotic food that may not taste good that your not use too trying-is about as close as I can describe it. Ever get the hebejeebe shivers?

It was the beer man, every Baltika offering I've had has been yark-city. I get a lot of DMS-type vegetal grossness from them.

Thought I was alone on that one, I almost yakked on my last sip of it thinking of mice and weird things like drinking something and the smell or taste of it the next day that made you want to hurl just thinking of it. :mug:

RauelDuke said:
I've been wanting to try something like that. When did you add the purée?

I added the purée about 3 days into fermentation. It's really takes off when you do. I had to rig a blowoff up, and it was like an orange volcano spewing sludge for a good day and a half.

Mmm... Beer... (said in Homer Simpson voice) Another fine West Coast IPA. First time trying/spotting this also. A bit dryer taste/finish than I like,nothing that would deterr this to my top 20 Ipa list maybe, though.:rockin: I like all the hop thingys goings on in this that here beer. Must find out what hops.

ale smith ipa.jpg

image-3422995267.jpg

Dude's Lakewalk Pale Ale (almost, had to sub Centennial for Amarillo). Awesome beer and you get to toast your own grains! I can't wait to make it again, with Amarillo this time.

nukebrewer said:
It's been a while, my friend.

I've been meaning to pick one of those up. I have a Lucky in the fridge looking at me every time I open it. I need a Double to join it.

Back