What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIM1497.jpg

sampling my '11 barley wine. it was the Lord Fatbottom kit from NB. it was tasty on it's own, but I bulk aged it on some port soaked oak chips. I may have added extra DME. OG was 1.130 and FG was 1.028.

sampling my '11 barley wine. it was the Lord Fatbottom kit from NB. it was tasty on it's own, but I bulk aged it on some port soaked oak chips. I may have added extra DME. OG was 1.130 and FG was 1.028.

Don't see a lot of port barrel beers, I guess they keep reusing them, right?

Don't see a lot of port barrel beers, I guess they keep reusing them, right?

I used some medium toast chips & added a little port to the jar every time I had some. it was all Quinta Do Infantado '89. I'm gonna keep using my barrel for port for quite a while before I put any beer in it.

Two Brothers Bragot: Its O>K> Im on 14 of 15 of their retro series, I would have to say Pillar of Salt was my favorate. Their #15 of #15 is supposed to be a new Bragot I believe,unless I misunderstood. Their milds are pretty good also. Decent price for bombers as well.

2 bro braggot.jpg

Sierra Nevada Estate: Really enjoyed it. Plenty of fresh toasty malt and lots of cascadey grapefruit character especially as it warmed up.

Also picked up some Narwhal. Nice dark chocolate/coffee roast character but I'm not in love with it. Alcohol character was pretty hot and something about the finish I didn't love. Still not bad though.

Sitting at my desk thinking that in a few hours I'll be enjoying some SN Celebration.

I also got a bottle of 18 yr old Elijah Craig a few days back. Haven't cracked it yet. Looking forward to it. Most I ever spent on a bottle of bourbon (had a gift card).

Can't wait.

image-626888875.jpg

My Two Hearted (as close as it gets) clone. 2nd week on the gas and its damn good. I will do the side by side comparison next weekend.

I just took a pint sample to test the gravity of a modified Graff that I've been sitting on. Every time I tweak the recipe I'm happy, although I should try the original again just to see how far I have strayed.

Woah>. Pumpkin mudslide cupcakes? Thats a new one. Sweet.

Havin a 8 wired Hopwired IPA. Its always a treat to get a NZ beer.Pretty herbal piney bittered ipa,good but didnt get the tropical as described from it. Pretty nice ipa.Love NZ hops too.

mcbaumannerb said:
Sly Fox's Christmas Ale. The aroma is a little flat but I like the spice profile.

It's pairing nicely with the pumpkin mudslide cupcakes I made for dinner :mug:

By the description, those cupcakes sound awesome and look great too!

Having a SN celebration while checking some gravities.

Also picked of 1of the 9 enjoy by 12.21.12 that my local bottle shop had, didn't expect to see it out my way. Happy camper to tonight !

Maine beer Companies Lunch and Mo bottled on 11/18/12.. and then on to the Johnny Cask 75 min.

Also, I have a few extra bottles and would love to trade some for some Surly Abrasive or any Three Floyd's. Pm me it interested

ForumRunner_20121130_193703.png

ForumRunner_20121130_193826.png

Back