What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking Baraboo Bonfire. It's a marzen. I think Steven Piont actually makes it, but only for the Hy-Vee grocery stores. It's actually pretty good.

Unibroue Trois Pistoles and Victory Prima Pils. I picked up a bomber of Double Bastard today but I don't want to try drinking that with a 750 of Trois Pistoles and a couple Pils.

Some Wormtown Sweet Tats earlier

image-3992143862.jpg

nukebrewer said:
I'm honestly not very well versed at evaluating lambics, but I can say that this beer is really good. Maybe a little to tart and sour for some, but I really like it.

Delicious, its a great geuze

I apologize for the poor phone camera quality.

Cigar City's Imperial Sweet Stout - Cognac Barrel Aged.

It's quite possibly heaven in my mouth.

2BOFy.jpg

Angery orchard crisp apple... I'm into the second 6 pack of em. I'm goona sit and get that good kind of wine drunk. I'm prepped and ready, 6 pack on ice, cantonese food, and a beed all 3 feet from me.

My last bottle of witbier, the second batch I made (Blanche Oreiller). It was honestly very good (I'm a newbie so that is something) thanks to the recipe.

Local CT beer I'm trying for the first time. First time having anything from this brewery as well. So far I am impressed with this beer. Floral hop aroma, nice malt backbone, but the hops definitely shine.

20121109_223821.jpg

Local CT beer I'm trying for the first time. First time having anything from this brewery as well. So far I am impressed with this beer. Floral hop aroma, nice malt backbone, but the hops definitely shine.

That is impressive. Not many beers comin outta Granby these days.

nukebrewer said:
Today mine is two weeks and a day in the bottle. I have two bombers sitting in the fridge waiting for me to drink tonight.

I meant to say they would be gone very soon. But hey, they are suppose to be drank soon/fresh right guy.
My lady batch barely lasted 4 weeks, lol. Small batches go by quickly.

My buddy did try this with me tonight, and he liked it very much.

I meant to say they would be gone very soon. But hey, they are suppose to be drank soon/fresh right guy.
My lady batch barely lasted 4 weeks, lol. Small batches go by quickly.

My buddy did try this with me tonight, and he liked it very much.

Yeah, mine too. I've been drinking on it since it was a week in the bottle. I've still got quite a bit of it left, though. I'm giving some to a friend of mine, but I've got a few crazy nights of drinking ahead of me if I want it to be enjoyed at its freshest.

New Belgium's lips of faith imperial chocolate coffee stout. Holy crap this beer is amazing. At 9% it's perfect to sip out by the fire on a cool night. Which is exactly what I'm doing

image-221025888.jpg

bwirthlin said:
New Belgium's lips of faith imperial chocolate coffee stout. Holy crap this beer is amazing. At 9% it's perfect to sip out by the fire on a cool night. Which is exactly what I'm doing

I am jealous. Seriously.

First It Was:
255337_3985650813674_1516564671_n.jpg

Then This:
IMG_1399Blog_thumb.jpg

Ending With:
north-coast-red-seal-ale.jpg

All were fantastic, love the stout. Probably should have started with the Red Seal and ended with the Stout though.

Drinking Bridgeport Hop Czar. Next up is Deschutes brewery's Jubelale.. "A festive winter ale" Should have started with the winter ale since it's probably less intense of flavor, but that hop czar is pretty good stuff!

$20 for a pair of six packs. I may just have to make the 150 mile round trip to get a full CO2 bottle so I can drink my own beer. While I'm at it I could get some stuff to make some more beer.

Badfish IIPA. KeyWestBrewing's recipe that I brewed because it sounded so good. KWB did not disappoint with this recipe. 9.7% ABV... 100% awesome!

Gonna crack that bottle that you sent me tomorrow with another local HBTer, I've really been looking forward to it. :rockin:

HPIM1378.jpg
Home brewed IPA. Chinook, cascade and amarillo, unfortunately I let these last two bottles sit a bit long, the hops have begun to fade. Still very good, but nothing like it was

nukebrewer said:
Badfish IIPA. KeyWestBrewing's recipe that I brewed because it sounded so good. KWB did not disappoint with this recipe. 9.7% ABV... 100% awesome!

Is that really as red as it seems? If so what was the recipe please!

Gonna crack that bottle that you sent me tomorrow with another local HBTer, I've really been looking forward to it. :rockin:

View attachment 83228
Home brewed IPA. Chinook, cascade and amarillo, unfortunately I let these last two bottles sit a bit long, the hops have begun to fade. Still very good, but nothing like it was

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what y'all think of it.

Sorry to hear about your IPA. Mine is getting to that point as well. I have less than 12 left (not sure on the exact number), but they need to be drank soon or else they'll have no hop character left.

Yes, it's as red as it seems. Beautiful isn't it? There was a small SNAFU and I used darker crystal than KWB used, but here's the version I brewed. It's exactly the same a KWB's, except I used 1 lb Crystal 80L and 1 lb Crystal 60L where KWB used 2 lbs Crystal 60L.

Badfish IIPA
OG: 1.093
FG: 1.020
Color: 16.2
ABV: 9.7%
Efficiency: 63%

18 lbs 2-row
1 lb Crystal 80L
1 lb Crystal 60L
.5 lb Cara-pils
.5 lb White wheat malt
1 lb Clear candi sugar @ 30 min

1 oz Simcoe (13.00%) @ 60 min
1 Whirlfloc tab @ 15 min
2 oz Centennial (10.00%) @ 15 min
1 oz Amarillo (8.5%) @ 10 min
1 oz Citra (12.00%) @ 10 min
1 oz Amarillo (8.5%) @ 5 min
1 oz Citra (12.00%) @ 5 min
1 oz Amarillo (8.5%) @ 0 min
1 oz Citra (12.00%) @ 0 min
2 oz Amarillo (8.5%) @ 10 days
1 oz Citra (12.00%) @ 10 days

I pitched onto a prior US-05 cake, but do whatever you want. I'm sure you're more than capable of pitching yeast at an adequate rate. Also, while the recipe didn't call for it, I used 1 tsp of gelatin for clarification.

Notes: Citra + Amarillo = :rockin:

Thats a tasty lookin IPA right there lol!!! I should be gettin your bottles sent out soon, glad to see your enjoying the Badfish as much as me.

Nuke already posted what he went with. But if you want the original recipe its right here....https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/badfish-iipa-325544/

Back