Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This song is not metal per say but I get the same emotion as a good doom metal song. I love it.

I think I am going mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcturus yes, I like Aspera Hymns Symphonia (or something like that)

Never heard of Discrets I will look into that.

Avast ye scurvy ridden dogs, I bring ye pirate metal...

:rockin:

Avast ye scurvy ridden dogs, I bring ye pirate metal...

Pirate.jpg

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

The best folk metal you've probably never heard...

Probably not as metal as most of what's on here, but for the last hour I have been listening to old school Anthrax! Now that is some awesome ****!

Spreading The Disease is one of the best thrash albums ever made, not unlike Tempo Of The Damned from Exodus.

The best folk metal you've probably never heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x2NHBvsdj0

I like this very much.

Have you ever heard of WYRD. One of my favorites and some albums have a pagan twist to them.

Asmegin made one good song but I do love it.

Moonsorrow has some good albumns to this is one of my favorites.

Myrkgrav is some good pagan as well.

Mourning Ends speaks for itself.

And of course, I am surpised that youtube has this guy on here. One of the hardest albumns I ever had to come by but easily top 5 best I own. Very weird artist with hints of pagan, symphonic, and just rock. If you havent noticed yet avant garde metal is my favorite.

Early Borknagar was some of the best pagan metal to ever come out. Check out the interlude at 2:30 suck good vocals and layering.

Some more bizarre metal, another one of my favorites.

This album is one of the roots of BM came out in 1988, and look at the riffs that where being played.

I've listened to Wyrd before but sometimes their keyboard sounds really turn me off. Myrkgrav I love along with Moonsorrow, I will check the rest out, thanks for cluing me in!

:mug:

Spreading The Disease is one of the best thrash albums ever made, not unlike Tempo Of The Damned from Exodus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAjjgWIbyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzU_ViRcZH4&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL5BD1242BFF11B282

Yeah dude anthrax is legendary!

Couldn't agrre more! My point was that most of the stuff you guys have listed on here I've never even heard of! Back in the 80's I would have considered myself pretty savvy to metal, or so I thought. Now days, I stick to what I know. Don't listen to anything recorded after about '97 for the most part.

Still, can't go wrong with the greatness of Anthrax and Megadeth though!

Couldn't agrre more! My point was that most of the stuff you guys have listed on here I've never even heard of!

That's why we post it, so others can enjoy it. There's a ton of good new metal being released nowadays, all kinds too. Here's a couple of more recent releases that I think you might enjoy if you haven't heard them already, just really good old school style traditional metal...

Couldn't agrre more! My point was that most of the stuff you guys have listed on here I've never even heard of! Back in the 80's I would have considered myself pretty savvy to metal, or so I thought. Now days, I stick to what I know. Don't listen to anything recorded after about '97 for the most part.

Still, can't go wrong with the greatness of Anthrax and Megadeth though!

I love all kinds of metal, but when you are really into metal there is only so much one could mention bands like anthrax. I mean those guys are legends and for the most part it is a given that any metal head likes them. The roots of what we post on here come from bands like that.

Just like Black Sabbath :rockin:

Never heard them but will look into it, sounds pretty cool.

Theres also some kick as acoustics in pagan music. Like

or

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the band logo's are so tricked up, you can't read most of them? Or am I just old?!?!?! If you guys had not have posted links that actually give the title and band name, I wouldn't know who 75% of these guys are.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the band logo's are so tricked up, you can't read most of them? Or am I just old?!?!?! If you guys had not have posted links that actually give the title and band name, I wouldn't know who 75% of these guys are.

Yes, the shaky letters in band name logos are a long standing tradition that started in the early black metal days. I too always thought it kind of silly but that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess... As long as the music is good though I try not to let it get to me.

:mug:

Any Fates Warning fans in the house? One of the best of 2011...

hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaa. you might be old indeed.
FWIW not all new bands use 'metal' scripts.
animals as leaders for one, between the buried and me for another.

Death metal, grindcore, black, doom all of the underground was a reaction to 80's glam rock. That is why the vocals are not easy to understand, the logo is unreadable, and the music is no longer about drug, sex and rock n roll. It is meant to disgust most people and only those that really put in the effort can understand it. It is like modern art, most cannot even begin to fathom how someone can look at a piece of paper with a dot in the middle for hours. Art takes dedication and patience to understand, this music isn't grandmas landscape paintings, it is an obscure abstract, and is there so everybody can get something different from it. And that is why, everything is so ugly and unreadable!

To funny Kalmah used to be one of my favorite bands like 10 years ago! The memories thanks.

This was may favorite song by them.

Back