Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty funny someone from Detroit calling Pittsburgh the Arm Pitt. Detroit! Have you even been to the intercity? Well your still alive, I guess not.

GO PENS!

Beezy said:
That's pretty funny someone from Detroit calling Pittsburgh the Arm Pitt. Detroit! Have you even been to the intercity? Well your still alive, I guess not.

Maybe he's just never been anywhere but Detroit and thinks a giant slum is paradise?

It is when you fill it with Stanley Cups.

_

Zing!

I can't wait to move to a hockey town again. Work could be taking me to Chicago in 9 months. That would be sweet! Watched some highlights from the Jets first game. I can't imagine what the atmosphere would have been like.

GO PENS!

The Intercity? No, I can't say that I ever have.

I've been downtown to The Joe before though. It's actually very nice and the people are very friendly.

Now you've got me wondering how Pittsburgh's Intercity compares to Detroit's Intercity... Pittsburgh's is probably much nicer. ;)

Pittsburgh is pretty nice actually. Even the ghetto areas aren't that bad. Anyway who cares, who won last night... Oh yeah that's right Geno and the Guins.

Pittsburgh is pretty nice actually. Even the ghetto areas aren't that bad. Anyway who cares, who won last night... Oh yeah that's right Geno and the Guins.

Yeah, Pittsburgh won a contest whose main purpose is to evaluate prospects. I congratulate you, sir. Did Pittsburgh bring the whole team, or only half? I think Detroit split their team in two and planned to put the other half in the next game.

Homercidal said:
Yeah, Pittsburgh won a contest whose main purpose is to evaluate prospects. I congratulate you, sir. Did Pittsburgh bring the whole team, or only half? I think Detroit split their team in two and planned to put the other half in the next game.

Yes the team was split. Yes I know the purpose of the game but in obnoxious trash talk land thems is braggin rights.

Someone threw a banana on the ice while Simmonds was taking a penalty shot. He is claiming racism. What? From a banana? I think someone was just trying to get a YouTube moment.

Someone threw a banana on the ice while Simmonds was taking a penalty shot. He is claiming racism. What? From a banana? I think someone was just trying to get a YouTube moment.

Happened to Kevin Weekes a long time ago in Montreal I think. BANANAS!:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

I got it. I was reading an article and one of the comments at the bottom asked why this was racist and the answer was equating black people with gorillas or monkeys.

Really? WTF?

I heard about that too. Apparently he's unfamiliar with slapstick humor involving slipping on a banana peel in EVERY COMEDY EVER.

In other hockey news, Jan Mursak broke his ankle crashing into the boards and is likely to be out for 2 months or more, severely hampering his chances of breaking into the Wings lineup this fall.

I'm loving the change Shanahan made by clearly explaining the illegal hits and describing them openly in video for all to see. I think you'll see a major reduction in BS hits and guys will be more careful to make clean hard hits after a few weeks of being told to stay home.

In other hockey news, Jan Mursak broke his ankle crashing into the boards and is likely to be out for 2 months or more, severely hampering his chances of breaking into the Wings lineup this fall.

I'm loving the change Shanahan made by clearly explaining the illegal hits and describing them openly in video for all to see. I think you'll see a major reduction in BS hits and guys will be more careful to make clean hard hits after a few weeks of being told to stay home.

Or maybe Shanny just took up knitting.

Had my fantasy hockey draft tonight. 14 teams deep. Celebrated with some St. Bernardus Pater 6 and homebrew IPA (which needs to be drank...fading hops)

OK lads. Enough's enough. Lets drop the puck on this season and put this off season to rest. It's been long, and tragic, and horrible, but it's over.

My predictions for the east:

1. Washington
2. Buffalo
3. Philadelphia
4. Boston
5. Pittsburgh
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. New Jersey
9. Montreal
10. NY Rangers
11. Toronto
12. NY Islanders
13. Winnipeg
14. Florida
15. Ottawa

I feel really bad putting my team (Ottawa) dead last in the east, but I truly feel we will be last overall, will draft Yakupov 1st overall, and will become beasts starting in 2013/2014. At least Toronto won't make the playoffs either, and Montreal may make the playoffs, but I see a first round exit again if they do end up sneaking in past New Jersey.

Washington is going to be too good with Vokoun and (finally!) some top notch goaltending.

Buffalo made too many good moves, and their new owner wants it too much to not win the Northeast. I have them ahead of Philadelphia only because...

Philadelphia may be the team they look like on paper, or they may not mesh at all, but if they do, they'll be awesome.

Pittsburgh will be tough, but I don't believe in Fleury, never have.

Tampa Bay is due for a drop off, St. Louis is like 80 years old, Roloson is old enough to be his dad, and Stamkos will be figured out after half the season and his ppg will drop somewhere around January, because he is too predictable with the puck.

Carolina has Staal and Ward. Those two alone, if they both have decent years, could get them into the show. Throw in Skinner (barring a sophomore slump) and the playoffs seem like a good bet.

New Jersey all depends on Brodeur being Brodeur, and not just another old guy trying to recapture the glory years. Parise and Kovalchuk can carry the team to the playoffs though, but if they falter, Montreal can squeak into the playoffs in their stead.

Winnipeg, despite all the good feelings being back in the NHL, blah blah blah, they are still not good enough, especially with a rookie coach, rookie GM, and it's ok, because the city won't care. They got the Jets back, baby!

NY Rangers, don't see it. Brad Richards will not walk on water. Only one Richards will make the playoffs this year, and it's not Brad. Gaborik will still get hurt, and Lundqvist can only do so much.

Florida, well, they're Florida. They won't make the playoffs again, and all 184 fans will be upset. Then, it will be spring, and 181 of 184 fans will fly home to Canada, and nobody will mourn the missing of the playoffs for what, the 92nd time in a row?

EDIT: Oops, forgot my Boston reasoning. I never like to pick a Stanley Cup champ to do well the next year. Seems to me teams get too complacent, or they expect to win, or maybe even get impatient in the regular season. And Thomas can't be that good again, he just can't. Rask will be the guy by the end of the season. Thomas did his thing last year, now it's Tuukka time.

There you have it. These predictions are set in stone. There is no way they will not come true, so if you are a betting person, put some cash on what I have said.....I'll take that bet. :)

Anyone got any opening night plans? Anyone going to one of the games?

A few buddies of mine are grilling out and drinking some beer...not much out of the ordinary, but its so much sweeter when hockey is on!

Anyone got any opening night plans? Anyone going to one of the games?

A few buddies of mine are grilling out and drinking some beer...not much out of the ordinary, but its so much sweeter when hockey is on!

Detroit is too far away and too expensive for us. Was planning on going to Griffins game, but they are not home until next Friday. Likewise for Ferris State.

So I think I'll try and cook up something yummy and watch the Wings on the Big TV at home. Maybe go to BWW if enough people are interested. But I may be too busy with things to make a night out happen.

Back