Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll agree with a previous poster, anything with ICE in its name = horrible. Used to drink a beer in college that was pretty bad. It was generic beer. It came in a gold can and said, "Classic" down the side. I don't even know who made it. But for $7.00 a case it was a cheap drunk.

Landshark, probably the weakest beer ever

Landshark, Clipper City Brewery's Heavy Seas Pale Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager and "Noble" Pils

Lucky Lager or Labatt Blue. <shudder /> A skunk spraying in your mouth is pleasurable in comparison. And the headaches!

LOL! A skunk spraying in your mouth is better than Blue!

The worst commercial beer IMO is Iron City Light. IC Light = Urine in mouth. My wife's cousin gave some crap in a purple can called Beer 30 at her family reunion last month. That was nasty too.

I don't know if one would consider malt liquor in the commercial beer category, but the mere scent of Mickey's makes me gag. I'm not sure how I managed to consume an entire 40 of it. Oh, that's right. It was duct taped to my hands. (funny how those details get fuzzy)

coors light, for the obvious, and I hold nothing against BM, just the C that gets me. same applies for their keystone branding as well.

for craft or micros that were dissappointing
SA black lager, or winter lager..not sure, got it on tap at a brewpub in OH and it tasted sour. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch or what, but it was undrinkable.
another was mountaineer brewing nut brown ale, I tried this several times and was never able to finish a whole 12 oz beer. neither could my father or anyone else that tried it.
lastly is some of the stuff that magic hat passes off as beer. #9 is just not to my taste, and some of there other stuff is just foul, though some is quite drinkable.

Aside from the macros, I'd have to say Tri-City Brewing Company - Phelan Irish Red.

Worst beer I have ever had. Couldn't even finish the six pack.

Miller Lite! It's frickin terrible. And I'm drinking it right now only to get the home draft mini keg and tap!!! They didn't have the Coors ones, not that it's much better. :rolleyes:

Pacifico
Corona
Texas Pride (that goes way back, about 1972)
BMC is way better than any of those

Scorpion - micro Moab Utah

Well, Leinikeugels berry wheat fruit-loops beer or whatever it was called. F-ing worst beer in recent memory.

Hell or High Watermelon - 21st Amendment

Honestly smelled like what your dog leaves on the ground. I can't imagine anyone drinking this and can only assume that the batch had gone bad. Not willing to try it again but I'd sooner drink 5 gallons of BMC than a teaspoon of this poison.

I thought New Belgium Trippel was pretty bad, otherwise I drink just about anything.. Easily amused i guess.

If any type of malt liquor counts, then its Pitbull. (yeah, had a crazy summer)

Commercial beer-wise, Pretty much any beer they sell on a T-shirt at walmart. (Miller, Landshark, Coors, etc)

Micro- Leinenkugel's berry weiss or something. I haaated it.

Without a doubt, no contest, the absolutely most vile, disgusting, nasty, putrid liquid to ever soil my palate has got to be Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

Sad thing - I wanted to like this beer. I love cheery. I love beer. This was to be the culmination of all things wonderful - it smelled so good! - but it tasted like the bath water at the local homeless shelter.

I gave it more than one chance - I gave it all six! I tried it, six successive nights, and managed all of one gagging mouthful before turning the rest of the glass into the sink. Best thing about that purchase was the bottles - at least I got SOMETHING out of the deal...

Worst beer ever. Only beer I have ever not been able to atleast "push my way" through a full serving of. Vile.

They should be ashamed.

Leinenkugels Berry Weiss.....not to bag on a craft brewer but it tasted like Hawaiian Punch with yeast added...nasty

A cask conditioned Red at Rock Bottom in Denver. Smelled bad, but I took a sip to be fair. Smelled and tasted like rotting bread dough (aka sour dough sponge). Then pushed it back across the bar and told the bartender to dump it.

Knoxville Brewing Company's Pale Ale. I bought a six pack and definitely not right. When you popped off the cap it spewed everywhere as if it were shaken up but wasn't. Then if I remember it has some nasty metallic taste. Definitely the worst pale ale I've ever had, probably the worst beer, I would have easily traded it for a sixer of Natty.

Agree with most of the BMC but Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is at the top of my list at the moment.

That thing can barely be called a beer since it's a lemonade/beer concoction.

I liked some of the beers that you guys named as bad (Sea Dog Blueberry, Pacifico, etc.).

I'll also second the Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. However, I do have to say that I had Cherry Wheat many many years ago and thought it was good. Then, I tried it again maybe 3 years ago and it was the sweetest tasting thing I ever had...and it was terrible. Maybe they changed the recipe...I dunno...but it was nothing like I remembered.

A few years ago, I tried a holiday (Christmas) ale at Applebees. I don't remember whose it was but it tasted like sucking on a pine cone.

Lone star beer. I think they use urine from genuine Texas longhorns to brew that stuff.

Old German, We would use it for beer battered fish. It was the cheapist beer we could find that & the one with the white label that said Beer (yes, that was it just like the old generic foods)

The absolute worst beer I have ever tasted is, without a doubt, Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager. Two sips and threw the entire 6-pack out the window. I have never, and probably will never, taste anything that horrible ever again! Still sends shivers down my spine! :eek:

I tried some kind of St Peters Ale.

It tasted sour. Worst beer I've had so far, but I've not had much exploration yet :drunk:

Back