Way, way, way over the top Sam Adams Utopia clone - #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Bought all fresh ingredients for my return batch, going to pick up a couple of other things tonight, got some PBW to clean out the crap that's accumulated in my keggle and whatever's lurking in that old CFC...

Oh, and going to the local sporting goods store and picking up a hockey stick... :rockin: :rockin:

I am picking up a table and chairs tonight from my parents house, and cleaning the garage tomorrow so it will be ready for this monster

I'm not cookin' sheet. I'm bringin' a truckload of t-shirts. That should be enough.

and for the record, that whole phone thing WAS freakin classic. Too funny. I got 100%, stone cold BUSTED.... Luckily I have one of the coolest SWBMO's on the planet and she just laughed and shook her head at me like, "you moron"

laughed and shook her head at me like, "you moron"

She does that a lot

Its awesome

I'm going to punch my brother in the face and then head up there.
CB, what time are you planning on being there?

See my DB brother calls me at 6 this morning "Hey, we're having a party for (insert his youngest daughters name here) Saturday around 1PM"

Fvcking DUMB ASS

uggg... I was planning on showing up at this thing about noonish and only hanging out long enough to get Paul so pissed off he tries to take a swing at me.

so... maybe 3:00ish.

NOT solid timing with a 1:00 b-day party lurking in the background.

Come to Yeager's in the morning and get drunk before the party - that'll go over wonderfully with the family.

**** the family. I got so drunk at Yankee Inebriation, I spend virtually all of my OWN daughter's birthday party (the next morning) sprawled out on the coach with all of my family around (including in-laws).

CB: I have a wireless router. I also have a laptop but it is not getting near the garage on Saturday. :) I don't want my $1400 Mac getting broken like PTN's refractometer

uggg... I was planning on showing up at this thing about noonish and only hanging out long enough to get Paul so pissed off he tries to take a swing at me.

so... maybe 3:00ish.

NOT solid timing with a 1:00 b-day party lurking in the background.

My wife told me bless the party go with CB

Kicker

My brother comes to Shannons B day party two years ago barking about not getting an invitation (we just call/e-mail and dont send formal invitations)

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to trudge in there and do the same to him.
Maybe I will AFTER the Utopia deal-ey

Yeah I was gone for 9 days, during which both girls were really sick, back for three (working those three) and then on the fourth day my wife lets me have a bunch of people she doesn't know come over and brew for 12 hours in our garage and she doesn't complain once... SWMBOs can be nice can't they?

yeah, but Yeager, I didn't have to promise to paint her toenails or dust the curtains for the next 4 months.

Big difference.

My wife told me bless the party go with CB

Niiiiiiice.

I think another fun thing to watch, in addition to the sea of Assclown t-shirts and PTN's barking out of Nepoleonic commands through out the day, will be Yeager's SWMBO's face when it starts to sink in that the 40 guys standing in her garage pounding beers are all going to have to go to the bathroom... A LOT... And THEN, on top of that, the big vat of chili is going to come out.

Yeager's gonna be painting toenails until NEXT year's group brew.

The bathroom thing has already been sorted out. :) The one thing she requested was people go through the front door to the bathroom, so that the carpet doesn't get trashed. Easier to wash hardwood than carpet. :) I agreed without hesitation....

Plus, I don't know what the cost of the day to me is yet.....

Don't forget! I have last years starter on tap in the garage for the day!!! 5 gallons of barley wine starter. :) Once you pour it you have to wait 3-4 minutes and then it tastes really good. It got a little overcarbed during hte past year. I have been purging it, and it is coming along nicely

Today started out with half a dozen calls and a flurry of texts from the ICU girls who had a ***** of a night and wanted me to join them at 7:30 at one of Bostons finer drinking establishments. By the time I get there at 8 they are all on their third. Unfortunately there were no wet tee shirt contests this morning. Alas we had to cut the party short. But on the good news front I'm on my way to pick up a haggis. Ya baby!
PTN

I think you ****s have convinced me to leave my laptop at home. It's not even mine - it's a work machine. Not sure how I'd explain to IT how a pint of IPA got spilled on it, and how that was somehow work-related....

Got myself a hockey stick, so I'm set to beat up on the old men. Bought my daughter one, too, her birthday's coming up in a week. Figured she already liked helping me make beer, might as well go the whole-nine and make her into a Mini-Yooper.

When I was just a baby my mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns."
But I shot a man in Norton, watched him die and bleed.
When the Judge say's "Why'd you do it?"
I'll say "I felt the need."

Less than 15 hours till strike water is started! Gonna fill them up tonight so I don't have to do it in the morning! :)

OK, pump is working, I recirc'ed some PBW through the CFC and the boil kettle for a good forty-five minutes. Shocked at what came off the keggle, so I feel OK about using the CFC now. Grain is ground and in a brand-new Homer bucket. Made a list for the morning so I hopefully don't forget anything. MP3 player loaded up with Jamil Show and Basic Brewing Radio podcasts for the drive over.

Wondering how many IBU's I should be targetting for the old ale/BW. Should be hitting a 1.08 OG, I'm currently at 43 IBUs using just the new hops I bought, wondering about scrounging around for some old Magnum or something else clean to bump that 10 IBUs or so.

shoot! we've only dropped from 1.136 down to 1.100 in 2 wks:( still racked it off the trub and cold break and onto 1/2 the maple syrup. basement is at 60 ambient on the floor so we put the vessel up on the counter and wrapped it up in a blanket. hopefully we can get that closer to 65-69 and the yeast will start working better.:D

and on the third day... I am risen.

Holy F*%&!!! I was blessed late Thursday night with that awesome stomach bug that turns both ends of your body into a fire hose while putting you into a semi-coma. It was sweet. I probably lost about 5-6 pounds.

So Yeager.. not sure if you're gonna get his but I'll toss my O2 stone and my extra pot in the truck. I don't think you'll need the pot but I also don't think it would hurt to just put it in the truck.

And here I am at work reading this on the blackberry. Good luck fellas. We're only two weeks past our brewday and I already want to do it again! If you could at some point today drink one for erik I expect him to be on too much anxiety meds. to enjoy ours when it's finished

I'm sure you guys will have a blast. For me, today is a typical Saturday in winter, spending most of the day in a high school gym watching the kid grapple. One must have priorities....

I'm sure you guys will have a blast. For me, today is a typical Saturday in winter, spending most of the day in a high school gym watching the kid grapple. One must have priorities....

Throw in a couple quarts of Mazola and a goat and it sounds just like Cape Brewing and Babalu on a double date.

On my way, the recycling center didn't open till 9.

Back