Hefe protein rest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runhard

Reaction score
Well, we have our house for sale and I didn't want to clutter up the house and shed by pulling out all the brewing toys but after reading the forums for a bit I decided to brew anyway. So what, if the potential buyers don't like my setup and our real estate agent is unhappy with me hanging around while someone walks through the house and shed. I will not leave my boiling wort; made that mistake once......Once. I've never brewed a Hefe and was wondering if a protein rest my be of benefit? Anyone have experience.
Thanks
Jeffrey
Runhard, race easy, and I'm brewing tomorrow.

I did a protein rest on my AG hefe recently, but only because "it was recommended." The beer turned out phenomenal, but I can't attribute it to the protein rest. I also used 65% wheat malt and 35% pilsner malt, so I'm sure it was needed for yeast nutrition, etc. I ended up with lots of head (which is a good thing:cross: )on this beer.

Back