I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. I literally laughed out loud and am still chuckling to myself. Damn that is some funny stuff. I have sex with craft beer.

I just found this today. I have spent the better part of 2 HOURS watching the vids and reading each link.
1) To the HBT folks who made the video - excellent. It's good fun.
2) The Polish folks - I dare say your vid was the best - it was educational on top of being an homage.
and 3) The parody a few comments up - that;s top shelf. F***ing corn!

Congrats and cheers folks - good fun!

Great to see the avatars behind the people who made this happen. Great job to y'all. I know it's years old but still great nonetheless first time I saw it was today. Happy National Homebrewday 2015. Huzzah!

Thanks to all involved.

I had forgotten all about this video!! I was not a part of it, but I remember it was all a load of fun to watch at the time. Oh happy days! ;)

wow 2009 and I'm just coming across it... almost made me shed a tear... now where's my beer? I need to be comforted from all this emotion lol

Hey now, rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I'm in it several times.

Since it's been 6 years, lets redo it. Update some of the verbage (like brewed the hardway lol) and display some of the crazy advances and various technologies (I didn't see BIAB, plate chillers, etc etc.).

Inspired.

Since it's been 6 years, lets redo it. Update some of the verbage (like brewed the hardway lol) and display some of the crazy advances and various technologies (I didn't see BIAB, plate chillers, etc etc.).

Inspired.

I'd get rid of the "I don't put corn / rice in my beer" lines. That was a little too much I thought.

The guy who edited it all, james, is still around. I corresponded with him about a month ago (he's not active here anymore though).

I'd get rid of the "I don't put corn / rice in my beer" lines. That was a little too much I thought.

The guy who edited it all, james, is still around. I corresponded with him about a month ago (he's not active here anymore though).

I've still got editing software from a career ago. Lets make it happen! :cross:

I've still got editing software from a career ago. Lets make it happen! :cross:

Thanks for volunteering to ringlead it! :D

To make it work, you first need a theme, then a script, then storyboard the video (might not be necessary if all the members are just reading lines). Based on the script, you'll know about how many members you will need contributing (in the original, each person had 2 or 3 lines).

Then solicit members. Expect about half of the volunteers to fail to actually do their part by the deadline - you'll need overlap with the lines. Give each volunteer about 10 lines and ask them to read all of them in a few different locations, preferably outdoors or other well-lit scene, with brewing stuff in the picture.

Create and stand by a drop-dead date for uploads. Lines that are not received by then will need to be done by the editor.

Create a public repository (Dropbox) for people to upload their content. Each person should have their own, without access to the others.

Take all the content, and start the big job of putting it all together and polish polish polish.

Add additional audio (music). Audio can make or break a video.

Intro / outro titling

Thanks for volunteering to ringlead it! :D

To make it work, you first need a theme, then a script, then storyboard the video (might not be necessary if all the members are just reading lines). Based on the script, you'll know about how many members you will need contributing (in the original, each person had 2 or 3 lines).

Then solicit members. Expect about half of the volunteers to fail to actually do their part by the deadline - you'll need overlap with the lines. Give each volunteer about 10 lines and ask them to read all of them in a few different locations, preferably outdoors or other well-lit scene, with brewing stuff in the picture.

Create and stand by a drop-dead date for uploads. Lines that are not received by then will need to be done by the editor.

Create a public repository (Dropbox) for people to upload their content. Each person should have their own, without access to the others.

Take all the content, and start the big job of putting it all together and polish polish polish.

Add additional audio (music). Audio can make or break a video.

Intro / outro titling

Sounds like a plan! Consider it done, and initial planning through the weekend.

Right, a new one shouldn't be too similar, don't want comparisons. So, not a sequel. Something entirely different. Not sure what. Thoughts?

Completely agreed - my initial thought is an artistic approach of grain to bottle... Set to music perhaps?... Not so much a how to brew but rather an inspirational piece highlighting the diversity of our methods, the richness of our character, and love for beer...

Completely agreed - my initial thought is an artistic approach of grain to bottle... Set to music perhaps?... Not so much a how to brew but rather an inspirational piece highlighting the diversity of our methods, the richness of our character, and love for beer...

I like it.

If you get a few minutes, take a look at beer commercials on youtube. Stuff like that is inspiring and will give you ideas. I've got company coming tonight, but I'll try to come up with some ideas for you.

Did you see the article I recently wrote about the homebrewing culture? Maybe there's something you can use in there.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/national-homebrew-day.html

Just watched it again. Too bad I didn't have the powershot back then, it's like 620P. Good video just the same. Would've been cool to be involved in...

Latest posts

Back