Thoughts on keggle set up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naivenavila

Reaction score
IM currently working on getting my kegs welded and set up for brewing. So far I've got my ball valves installed and now need to decided on where to place my thermometer and sight glass. I've seen a few different set ups and just wanted to get your guys thoughts on how I should do it. Wether putting a Tee next to the ball valve or having separate elbows for the sight glass and thermometer. Also should I put thermometers on all three keggles? Or just my HTL and Mash Tun? Any feedback is deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!

This is what I got so far.

image-2993950066.jpg

Are you using a single tier stand or are they just going to be on burners. I just installed mine and I put the sight glass and thermometer on a T, got it from bargain fitting. Put the HLT tank on the left side of the BV and the right side of the ball valve on the BK. Thermometers are not completely needed for the BK since you will just be boiling, but if you use and IC then you could add one to see what temp your at.

I like to know the temp on the boil kettle myself just to know when it's getting close to a boil so I don't have boil over issues. My valves go in the direction of the wort travel, plus I don't like hoses hanging off the front.
This is an old pic before I add the rims heater and control panel.
img144121.jpg

Back