Long Draw Hosing Sizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
In my new home I have a bar and cannot fit my kegerator underneath. I'm determined to use a long draw system with a homemade water chiller to keep the lines chilled much like a previous DIY thread that brought me to this forum. I've read many posts about line sizing at the this point but I'm not confident in my understanding of the calculations as of yet. I am running two 23 foot lines from the keezer to the draft tower with a rise of 3 feet from the center of keg to the shank. I have typically run my beer at 15-18 psi (American Lager). I am intending to use the 3/16" 7 foot lines currently in the tower as choker tubes. Given this assumption, what would be the appropriate line sizing for the length?

was it me was it me?

When I ran mine I just cut them equally and ran with it. I have to run mine at about 15 psi - to get a nice pour.

sorry I can't be more help

runningweird said:
was it me was it me?

When I ran mine I just cut them equally and ran with it. I have to run mine at about 15 psi - to get a nice pour.

sorry I can't be more help

I really like your system and it's almost what I want, but I was thinking a closed system with a radiator. Do you have problems with evaporation? I like saltwater I have plenty of reef aquarium supplies around.

I do have a slight problem with evaporation - I have to top off the bucket every three months or so - if I put a lid on it I bet the problem would be solved.

Well it's finished, as you can see below and the first night with a Blue Moon Belgian White was good......
image-2897131622.jpg

image-93676170.jpg

but I'm still getting a bit to much foam and reding this morning put my cold water loop at 49 degrees with the keezer at 36.

image-29224399.jpg

image-221155717.jpg

I think I'm going to go ahead and build a radiator based heat exchanger with RV antifreeze in a closed loop with reservoir to bring that number down a bit.

Back