Secondary Regulator Orientation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPLSV

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does the orientation of a secondary regulator affect its function? I just got a set of four in for my kegerator and the bank of regulators is a bit longer than I had anticipated. I could move them to another side with some additional tubing...but I was also considering mounting them not to the side of the refrigerator...but possibly to the inside top??? This would result in the gauges facing downward (which would be easily viewable) and the outflow tubes running parallel to the ceiling before coming down to the kegs. The Micromatic manual that came with it was the same one I received with my primary regulator and has one comment about downward adjustment that I think it more applicable to the primary. Anyone know why this ceiling mounted orientation might not work?

Bernie

The orientation of the regulator , secondary or otherwise, does not matter so long as the cylinder itself is upright.

Back