My attempt of a blue moon GF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapsk8

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post as a member and just wanted to share my GF beer recipie with others. I brewed this for a couple that was getting married and the bride to be was GF and before she was diagnosed she loved shock top beer. Try it out see if you like it and i am open to all suggestions to make it better. She does love the beer and very happy with it.

7 lbs of sorghum syrup at boil
60 min used 1oz. of willamette hops
20 mins used 1oz of bitter orange peel
20 mins used 1oz of coriander seed crushed
15 mins used 1oz of cascade hops
end of boil used 1lbs of wildflower honey (use orange blossom if can)
Dan stare GF dry beer yeast.

Although I was kind of unsure of what to use in the process the bride never got sick and loves the beer. I also bottled the beer that was a pain in the a** for someone who is so used to kegging beer and calling it a day. I am open to anyone that could help me make it even better next time they already want to make another batch. I had no idea that so many people are GF these days. With experimentation could make something close to a blue moon.

The wit in my drop down is based off of a blue moon clone. I didn't think of using honey but I did add sweet orange peel to mine. Glad to hear it turned out well.

Hello this is my first post as a member and just wanted to share my GF beer recipie with others. I brewed this for a couple that was getting married and the bride to be was GF and before she was diagnosed she loved shock top beer. Try it out see if you like it and i am open to all suggestions to make it better. She does love the beer and very happy with it.

This looks like a beer I would like to try. Thanks for posting. I will also be interested to see any suggested mods.

Latest posts

Back