You know you're a brewer if...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You find yourself throwing out all liquid containers, milk, soda, ice tea, etc. when there is still 1/4" of liquid on the bottom...

You find just the repeated mantra ESB, ESB, ESB, ESB soothing enough to lower your blood pressure...

:mug:

You walk through the health food store, and your eyes google out at all the cool grains and sugar alternatives there are to brew with.

You find some disposable income, and immediately think about what kind of brew gear you can buy with it.

You think about expanding brewery space when considering renovations/house purchases.

You aren't looking at a shed, you're looking at an outlying brew house.

You find some disposable income, and immediately think about what kind of brew gear you can buy with it.

You think about expanding brewery space when considering renovations/house purchases.

Crap...My name is Wade and I'm a brewer.

I'm planing a new outbuilding/brew house for this spring.

When you can't walk through a store without finding an item you could use for brewing.

When you have 5x the amount of beer in carboys/kegs than you could ever drink in a reasonable amount of time by yourself.

When you can't walk through a store without finding an item you could use for brewing.

When you have 5x the amount of beer in carboys/kegs than you could ever drink in a reasonable amount of time by yourself.

and you have more brews in the works

Sorry had to add that !

...you're not drunk, but seriously considering tapping that still-too-young beer in the basement because it's been seductively calling your name.

you realize beer can taste better as it warms up.

If you pour it cold and let it warm up, sniffing every few minutes as it warms so you can judge how temperature changes the flavor profile. And the waitress looks at you like you're a nut-job!

If you order your beer by ingredients rather than name.

Your at wallyworld and look at there beer selection and walk away to the kitchen section to see what you may find useful to add to you brewing needs.

When you pause Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare 2, put the TV on Mute, and wait for about 5 minutes just to listen to the Blow Off tube "Blurb" into the Blow Off Container from the batch that you pitched 5 hours ago. :D

When it's 11:45pm and you're carting big hunks of stainless steel from the garage to the deck because you decide that your keg of pale ale looks a little low.

When you pause Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare 2, put the TV on Mute, and wait for about 5 minutes just to listen to the Blow Off tube "Blurb" into the Blow Off Container from the batch that you pitched 5 hours ago. :D

lol.

I find that I only have OCD when I have a new beer fermenting vigorously. lol. I go into the room to watch it blow out every 20 minutes lol.

...you consider boycotting a favorite brewery because they have switched to screw top bottles.

When you go over to a buddies house and can tell what type of beer they brewed 2 days ago.

When you're unemployed and have single digits in the bank account, then you get a small check from selling something and your first thought is what beer you're going to brew next. Then you cash the check and order your beer supplies right away.

Back