New from Slovenia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miha7

Reaction score
As you can read I'm from Slovenia. I think if anybody now where is this country, is near Austria, Italy, Hungary and Croatia.

I'm hop farmer, I have now idea about brewing and I hope we will have good conversation on forum about hop sort, culture of work and etc.

I hope you can read my English, I'm trying my best.

Greeting form Slovenia:mug:

Always wanted to visit the Julian alps and triglav, but I ended up in Croatia instead. Welcome! :)

Wow, I am suprise, I didn't expect so much reply.

@ paulthefermenter

I producted two diferent sort of hops. One is Styria Golding and one is Super Styria Golding.

I do not brewing any beer, but I like beer:)
@ bierhaus15

Yes, Julian Alps are great, but I live in near Triglav and I didnt visit him (shame me).:D What are you doing in Croatia? Holidays?

There is a few picture about my plants.

Very nice pictures of some very nice hops. Thanks for sharing. :mug:

Hey I came from the north of Italy ( not so far from slovenia ) and I'm looking for some hop rhizomes... :D

Hello neighbour:)

What means rhizomes?

@ Parker 36

Yes, it is high alfa acid version.
------------------------------------------------

For about 5 days we start harvesting, and then I give some fresh photos on forum.

I saling about 4000kg of hops in briquette?
Any body? Which have large brewery at home?

well you know...those roots you put in the ground and then the hops grow up :D

Oh, Yes roots, now I know what you mean. I will be plesuare if I can give a roots, but there is a several problems. I think it is one year ago when I gave a roots to my friends in Croatia, but We have a big problems with customs. We have got a lots of protective standard and it is not easy to offend. If they catch us we also can lose our licence of hops farmer, and big punishment...

I hope you understend what I'm trying to say...

Very interesting, rumor has it my family line came from Slovenia but I have no way of knowing. According to my family my last name was shortened when they came to America a long time ago. Not sure if Adovnik sounds likes it is from Slovenia but it confuses everyone here in the states.

The hops look great we have a lot of hops farms in our area around here love looking at them dreaming off all the beer they will make.

*edit* and welcome to HBT

Hey I lost my camera on the train in your country. Loved the country, but lost the camera. It was from going from slovenia to croatia.

Wow! Great pictures of the hops, and looks like a great harvest this year...that's a TON of hops. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. :D

@ Joker

Yes, I think you realy have roots from Slovenia. Adovnik it is absolutely Slovenian surname. Surname, which the last two words are "-ik" is a right from Slovenia. In the past was lots of Slovenian people moved in America (better social situation).

In America it is a big place where they have hops, I think the place name or. city name is Yakimo, I hope I have wright...

@Julohan

bad luck...I hope you dont have now a bad look on Slovenia;)

@ TwoHeadsBrewing

Yes, this year is going to be a wonderful year. We don't have prety much problems with storms, hail and wind. But in Germany is catastrophic, only string with no hops, every damage was made hail...:S

I guess we can learn more than just beer here.

Yakima is up in Washington and I am not sure of their hop status but wouldn't doubt it. There are lots of hop farm around my area here in Oregon as well.

Welcome, Miha! I am also hop farmer. But my farm is only 3 plants!!

Your hops look wonderful. Would you mind if I use one of your pictures for a label on my beer?

@ Joker

Yes, I found web page where discribe many countrey in USA where they have a hops farm, Oregon is also on the list:)

@ Homeridal

Sure sure, why not?:D I will be realy hapy if you do that. And if you do that please send me a photo of bottle and label.

Pozdrav iz Hrvastke, Miha! Ja sam Amerikanac ali živim u zagrebu i radim pivo ovdje sada. Imam prijatelja tamo koji ima pivovarnu koja se zove Human Fish Brewing. Jeste li probali to pivo? Samo malo razumijem ovaj jezik, dakle sada pišem na engleskom!

Anyway, welcome to the board. If you haven't tried Human Fish Brewing's beers, maybe you can try them. He's making ales instead of lagers and he has a pale ale that he uses a LOT of Styrian Goldings in. You might like them.

Pozdrav iz Hrvastke, Miha! Ja sam Amerikanac ali živim u zagrebu i radim pivo ovdje sada. Imam prijatelja tamo koji ima pivovarnu koja se zove Human Fish Brewing. Jeste li probali to pivo? Samo malo razumijem ovaj jezik, dakle sada pišem na engleskom!

Anyway, welcome to the board. If you haven't tried Human Fish Brewing's beers, maybe you can try them. He's making ales instead of lagers and he has a pale ale that he uses a LOT of Styrian Goldings in. You might like them.

Where is these brewery Human Fish Brewings? Where can I tried this bear?
How many beer in liters they product?

And hello neighbour;)

Where is these brewery Human Fish Brewings? Where can I tried this bear?
How many beer in liters they product?

And hello neighbour;)

Hello Miha. Not sure the size of the brewery in liters but they're a smaller brewery. It's an Australian guy who owns it. I had two of their beers at a pub in Ljubljana called Patrick's Irish Pub.

It's located here:

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pre%C4%8Dna+ulica+6,+ljubljana,+slovenija&ie=UTF8&ll=46.05331,14.508626&spn=0.007267,0.01929&z=16]Prečna ulica 6, ljubljana, slovenija - Google Maps[/ame]

This is them:

Welcome to Irish Pub Ljubljana - Slovenia

Patrick's Ljubljana | Slovenia - Ljubljana Life

It's a nice little Irish pub with a great interior.

I'll e-mail the owner and ask him where else his beer is available. He makes very tasty beers, so worth a try!

Hello Miha. Not sure the size of the brewery in liters but they're a smaller brewery. It's an Australian guy who owns it. I had two of their beers at a pub in Ljubljana called Patrick's Irish Pub.

It's located here:

Prečna ulica 6, ljubljana, slovenija - Google Maps

This is them:

Welcome to Irish Pub Ljubljana - Slovenia

Patrick's Ljubljana | Slovenia - Ljubljana Life

It's a nice little Irish pub with a great interior.

I'll e-mail the owner and ask him where else his beer is available. He makes very tasty beers, so worth a try!

Thanks for informations. It looks very interesting. Maybe you now where they buy a hops?

Thanks for informations. It looks very interesting. Maybe you now where they buy a hops?

I have a package of hops from him but I don't feel right saying where he gets his hops without asking him first. I e-mailed him and will let you know if I hear back. Do you guys produce pellets? I think he's using pellets.

Zdravo Miha!

Lepo, da nisem edini slovenec na tem forumu! HFB kupuje svoj hmelj od Hmezad-a v Zalcu. Trenutno uporabljajo Styrian Golding in Bobek. Krasne fotografije!

LP

Pozdravljeni,

Kar nekaj časa nisem sodeloval na tem forumo, študijske obveznosti in delo doma mi vzamejo veliko prostega časa. Lepo je videt da se najdemo tukaj tudi slovenci in prav tako sosedi.

@Jasa mogoče veš če bi ta pivovarna rada poskusila uporabiti naš hmelj?

I hope that the administrator of this forum don't be angry if we use Slovenian English?

Lep pozdrav,

Miha7

I made a new video of hops harvesting in Slovenia. I hope you will enjoy it:tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
Miha,

Hello and a late welcome!
Have the restrictions changed in Slovenia for shipping hops to other countries?
I am wondering since it has been more than a year since you first posted!

It would be nice if you could "share" your hops with all of us here in USA:D

Hello,

I`am definitely back. But I steel look on the forum sometimes. I didnt forget you guys.

I could offer you hops, but in large quantity, if I send you kilo by kilo, I will earn nothing. If somebody organize logistic, transport and other things, I still can send you hops:D

Some of my updates. Spring is in full throttle and so we on the fields. Now we are wiring ropes, cultivate land, and in the following days we will starts root hops on the ropes.

Greetings,

Miha7:tank:

I think you get the award for the most interesting introduction thread.

@ 509inc

Thanks;) But you now, world is in global recession and I have to promote a Slovenian hops, I hope some day I will be observed from major brewery.

@ Joker

We have Stryian Goldnig (Celeia) and Super Stryian Goldnig (Aurora).

I also have some picture for you, if someone wants used it for label on the bottle, you should contact me on email and I will send you original size.

Greetings,

Miha7 :tank:

Back