How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitching yeast once I get some activity........... may have killed it (apple juice to re-hydrate hit around 120!)

If not I have Cuvee and Cote des Blancs

11570 - started my 5 gallons on march 1st with old orchard brand 100% juice (on sale @ $1.25 a half gal!!), and everything else per ed's recipe

i signed up here just for apfelwein! First batch of anything fermented :D

just jumped into a gallon of hippocras last night using white and concord welch's, lavender, 2lb of honey, etc... :D

First batch for me... original recipe. Thanks everyone for the information!

11572.5 + 5 = 11577.5

Personal batch #4 put in primary Saturday. Batch #3 bottled - best batch yet as it has been in the fermenter for two months.

11606.5 + 5 = 11611.5

I stand corrected. SWMBO is being a PITA tonight and I'm partaking of Apfelwein. Makes me feel better, doesn't help my math skills. Pardon me, but my glass needs refilling.

See what happens when you drink Apfelwein out of a pint glass? I know, I do it too. :D

Don't forget your quart of water and your asprin tonight. ;)

I stand corrected. SWMBO is being a PITA tonight and I'm partaking of Apfelwein. Makes me feel better, doesn't help my math skills. Pardon me, but my glass needs refilling.

its all good. lord knows i cant add 2+2 and come out with the correct # of 5. i have to use the calculator on my computer

Yesterday I started two batches-one according to recipe and the other I substitued one gallon of Cranberry juice for one of Apple. Hopping it will be sort of a Cran-Apple for big boys.

Guess this makes it 11750.

Back